how to get brake pads apart

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingers

Reaction score
hey there guys my mates got a problem and i dont know how to help him, he had his front whell off of his bike today and from what i've heard it started to fall over and he grabed the grips but also pulled in his front brake pretty hard, and now the caliper is closed, so whats the best way to open it up again? i told him to try and open it up with a screwdriver but he couldnt get it in there to open it up, any other suggestions??

Thanks

my mates did that i played with it for like 5 minutes with a screw driver and eventually got it , try and get a really thin one or a real thin peice of metal to get in between them

undo your bleed nut and they come apart...but you'll have to top up with brake fluid afterwards. (Y)

alrighty thanks for the help guys, i'll give him a hand to fix it, i'll try to get it with a screwdriver but if not i'll crack the bleed nut for a sec to relase pressure,

thanks

you won't get anywhere with a screw drive...coz the brake set up is a sealed unit...where is the pressure gonna go? you'll blow the seals or something if you try that.

if pressure can get in then why cant it get out? if it cant get out when ya brake then the caliper will lock on the disc even when ya release the lever

its all works on hydraulic pressure. look it up...hard to explain. But there shouldn't be air in it. If there is, it would have to be a tiny wincy bit in the master cylinder. But there shouldn't be air in it :D

it will work there only pressure when the lever is held in makiing the plunger push the fuilded and when the lever is released so is the pressure

it will work there only pressure when the lever is held in makiing the plunger push the fuilded and when the lever is released so is the pressure

hence why a screwdriver should work, if i can get it between the pads

Latest posts

Back