how to make a quarter throttle for less than a $1

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 fly

Reaction score
so you want a snappy throttle ,pull apart your accelarator handle assembly and remove the white plastic handle and cable .using a piece of fishtank air line about 3cm long. jam the hose in the grove(use a flat blade screwdriver) where the accelorator cable lies then reassemble you will have to lie the cable across the air line .once assembled you may need to back off the cable adjuster on the throttle cable .You will find your throttle will take less turning to get to flat out cheers geoff

so you want a snappy throttle ,pull apart your accelarator handle assembly and remove the white plastic handle and cable .using a piece of fishtank air line about 3cm long. jam the hose in the grove(use a flat blade screwdriver) where the accelorator cable lies then reassemble you will have to lie the cable across the air line .once assembled you may need to back off the cable adjuster on the throttle cable .You will find your throttle will take less turning to get to flat out cheers geoff
Sorry to be obvious.What happens when it wears or grabs then jams up and the throttle sticks and if you use any lube even the peice can be prone to slip out.,86
Magna all over again.They used a bad gasket in the throttle body on the spindle which melted under heat that caused the throttle to stick,ussaully while doing considerable speed.
I trust hardware only.It is dangerous to decrease throttle action as well,you shall have less control and a small bump instead of a mild throttle movement gives you an exagerated one which can mean no throttle when you need it and too much when you don`t.Never rode machines like that.
NOT HAVIN A GO,JUST A SILLY IDEA

how can you pass judgement ive had mine in for 3months without a problem ,did you even bothered trying it ? It works plenty of race guys use the method. dont knock something till youve tried it .spending money on hardware isnt always the answer for some of us .cheers 120 fly

Last edited:
Was thinking of something similar bit a little bit more long term, instead of using tubing use some wire (thin garden fencing wire etc) or fishing line and seal it with some superglue or simlar.

good to hear it can be done, the throttle length on these bikes is stupid.

when it comes to the feel of the bike i don't comprimize with any parts! other wise riding just feels shit. a billet 1/4 throttle is like $50 and they are great! perfect feel & problems with sticky

I would rather not do it, i don't wanto die..

YEah, id be sus on that plastic. but good idea. I got a free billet 1/4 turn throttle with my oil cooler, so im stoked!

Latest posts

Back