How to remove stickers?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tysons_201

Reaction score
I have removed all the stickers off my mso bike apart from tank stickers. But now i have all sticky shit on every guard that wont come off. I have tried removing it with the pressure washer, metho, turps and some other tar remover stuff and nothing has worked. its tough stuff.
any ideas?

Try dry cleaning fluid from the supermarket or bunnings. This stuff is damn handy for cleaning all sorts of goop off things.

lol, hair dryer.... petrol... and alot of cloths

this stuff when warm or hot becomes very sticky, so if u get it hot and get a cloth it will stick to the cloth... the petrol is to clear off the rest of the sticky stuff

crazzy #1, did you use this method to remove yours?
Don't know if mums hair dryer works anymore!

i didnt heat it up because my stickers were crap and basicaly feel of themself.. but i did use petrol and the cloth... try that or i might have used thinners, cant rely remember anymore

Were the plastics dull after you removed the stickers with the petrol? I removed some off a mates bike using kerosene and even after armour-all and a bit of a buff they had lost their gloss. I wasn't sure if the kero had left a film or had eaten the gloss. I reckon the dry cleaning fluid might be the go. It's cool if you're gonna put new stickers straight over every spot, but if not they really do look a bit shitty. They were black plastics which mightened have helped....

u got it all wrong eucalipus oil and a rag works the best they will just fall off

I just did the same. Used carby cleaner. Give is a spray, leave it for a min or two (while you spray otehr areas), get one of those dish brushes with a scraper bit on the end, or make your own plastic scraper. Scrap off all the understicker off (will still be super sticky). It will build up on the scraper, peal it off and chuck it... Then when youve got most of it off, giv it another hit of carby cleaner and move to the next. Work around all the areas. Come back to the start, give it another quick hit and then get a cloth to rub it all off, if you missed any bits with the scraper get into it again.

I didnt have any problems with the sheen on my plastics, but be careful not to let puddles of the stuff form as it may soften the plastic too much. And Carby cleaner is pretty aggresive shit so try wear some gloves and keep it off ur skin. Also do a little test area first to see if its going to stuff your plastics.

I'm pretty sure the dry cleaning fluid will out perform all.

I was told by a guy at the greg chappell cricket centre to use it to get the extratec coating off cricket bats. You have never seen sticky crap till you,ve seen that shit! The dry cleaning fluid just wiped it off with ease. I had tried everything absolutely possible and not put a dent in the stuff. I have since used it for cleaning everything and anything. I have never seen it affect in the slightest way anything I have put it on. It leaves the surface spotlessly squeaky clean so new stickers will stick very well. It is not oil based and leaves no residue. The plastics for these bikes are very greasy even as new, and I believe that is why the graphics don't stick well. So I would be using the DC fluid for prep on new plastics as well.

I just used my Armour All Glass Kleener, but was also thinkin the Goo Remover, or maybe No Pong Bong Cleener - But then, Mack's Dry Cleening suggestion soundz good to me, also! When i'm eventually ready and able 2 get my bike Custom Painted i'm gonna use my Duck style Steam Cleaner, try it out! But before i do that i got a few engine mods, etc to get onto, in the meantime i'll try the Steam Cleaner on the rest of the bike (with the fairings off so as not to inadvertently remove my stickers). Shud make the job a breeze!!

Yeah my plastics were a bit dull after removing the shit with petrol. Anyone know how to get em shinin again? I gave em a bit of a buff with a wet rag but it only helped a little.

You can't. Most of the products suggested will ruin the finish on your plastics.

personally i wouldn't try thinners as i don't know of any pocket bike sparyed in 2pac. thinners will strip acrylic paint or if done very very quickly reduce gloss at least. go to super cheap and buy some wax & grease remover. i have been spraying for 7 years and never come across a sticker it didn't remove compleatly.

Latest posts

Back