how to remove the nut holding the oil slinger lifan engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikeboy

Reaction score
Help some one! cant find a thread on removing oil slinger nut....can anyone advise me. T.Y.:rolleyes:

Thanks very much! I did search but got through 7 pages and had enough. Maybe i was not searching the right way!! is there a search bar in the tech page as i went through quite a few. How did you find them so quickly. Pardon my ignorance.....But thanks for helping me out....:confused:

sOK i didnt see the search link as it was late at night!!!!

Don't fret over the search thing bikeboy. Have fun.

Lock the alum slinger on tight, but be careful to not hurt your main bearing or crack your alum case casting. ;)

i just typed in "oil sling nut" and "oil slinger removal"

it does help if you know what to search for as if you typed in oil slinger, than heaps of random posts would come up talking about what they do and performance gains, etc

Ok got the new engine and now its time to do the swapping thing with the inner rotor and the oil slinger. Thanks for all the imput guys it all helps, although i am having a hard time getting the nut loose on the oil slinger. I found an old 2 cent coin to wedge in the gears as this is soft and wont damage any teeth. See how we go:eek: Anyone know where in vic to get a cheap flywheel puller?
Later....

Thanks Snitchy for the video on fitting of the IRK and oil slinger...Now i'm having me some fun.

Hey bikeboy ,
I have a special socket which i made up for that and the clutch ,
if you have troubles still PM me
ps , have you got a compressor ??

to easy me ol mate hey if you need a magneto puller try ebay thats where i got mine from

SnitChy, For the puller tool on ebay, who was the seller, or what are the search keywords, or do you still know the item number? I tried a few searches. A magneto puller should be in my toolbox. Thanks in advance.

there ya go

if ya need to borrow mine ill post it to ya and you post it back

let me no by pm if ya need it bud

Latest posts

Back