How to secure a mini bike on a trailer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throtl

Reaction score
How do you guys secure your minis on a trailer ? Do I need to put railing inside the trailer, I cant alter or modify the trailor in any way because im borrowing it every time I use it. Will just some ties do. Any suggestions.

get some tie downs, hook tie downs to hand bars, one on each side. put other hook on side of trailer where the little rail is, and tighten till the front shock is compressed enough so the bike wont move

get some rope. tie to one side of trailer go through the wheel and round it couple times than back out other side of trailer, than tie of tight on other side... make sure bike wont move.. than go!!! helps to get someone help you, or put the stand up on the bike

Thanks crazy1 ill try that rope tie. Cheers

Propper motorcycle tiedown straps are well worth buying... they're quick and do a great job... as said above it's still worth having a couple of ropes for added safety..

Most motorcycle tiedowns look something like this:
Tiedown-s.jpg

A good set will cost upto about $50... but will last for ever if you look after them.. (mine are around 20yo)

thats if they dont get missplaced and they are still in the packet (im a dope)... someone could have niked em when they were siting in the trailer when we went out riding

when you put it on the trailer, kick it into 1st gear aswell, will stop it moving forward and back. otherwise just use some tiedowns. Helps if you have sum1 sit on teh bike to compress the shocks (front and back) then when they get up it'll b tight and secure.

put a peice of wood inbetween the front mud guard/bars and the wheel and then compress down..

Latest posts

Back