how to tell if the chokes on or off?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wogboy

Reaction score
hey i'm new to this all pit bike stuff how do i know if the choke is on or off?

Lol, pretty simple your bike will be running like shit, If thats not good enough for you, just take the air filter off and see if the chokes on or off, the flap should be up and the airway open for it to be off. ftw the choke lever should be down.

When on the rpm rises (used when starting so it doesn't stall)
Also the thrttle is smooth and louder.
And the plugs would probably get fouled alot more than usual.

The choke doesn't make the motor rev higher. All the choke does is chokes the air supply what richen's the fuel mixture resulting in easier cold starting. When the choke is on it will bog and run like crap.

depending on carby down is choke on, up is choke off... (although on bikes such as those which are race bread cr yz rm kx there choke is the opposite where up is on and down is off!)

when riding with the choke on you will notice almost like a flat spot with in the throttle.

(due to the hightened amount of fuel entering the chamber and lack of air mixture)

and the once clicked into gear with the choke on. u will release the clutch and notice it take off at a higher rate of speed then that of what it would with the choke off

these cheap carbies can be confusing. dw i got it wrong once to on this carbie made in the back streets of shang hai or some shit

If you can get away with starting a cold bike with no choke, does it strain and damage the engine?

Latest posts

Back