How To Tighten A Chain?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to tighten a chain on my 125 atomik
Please post any helpfull tips or video's would be sweet

Cheers

Hard to explain in words, but its a simple task. Have a look at youtube for some help mate

yer i have hussey mate not much though ill keep looking cause im wanting to go for a ride saturday

yer i have hussey mate not much though ill keep looking cause im wanting to go for a ride saturday

No worries. Well if you can follow.... Firstly put your bike on a stand or bucket. Next loosen tour axel nut(the main big nut on the back wheel). Make sure its loose by moving back wheel back and forth. Next have a look on your swingarm, you should have axel blocks with a bolt and nut coming out of the swinarm. This adjusts your axel away from the front of the bike and hence tightens your chain. Make the same ajustment on both sides. There is indicators so that both sides are the same.

Make sure your chain has a little play in it. Hard to tell each bike is different but should move up and down about 3 cms.

Hope this helps

cheers hussy i reckon i should be good with that ill give it a go in the morning

thanks mate

No worries heaps on you tube also. Type tension mx chain. Have a good ride

There is a large bolt which goes through the swing arm and rear wheel (axle bolt), loosen this. now look for some adjusting blocks either side of the swing arm which the axle bolt slides through. just forward of this block will be a small bolt, turn this anti clockwise to push the wheel backwards and tighten the chain. When the chain has been tightened do up the axle bolt again so it won't move.

MotoX70SA-Part17.jpg

Ok then by the time I finished this everybody else had ansered fist oops:)

haha thanks heaps gooseman im gonna have a crack in the morning and hopefully ill be all good cheers mate :)

Latest posts

Back