HowTo??? POP A FU**EN WHEELIE!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on my 125 all i have to do give some revs drop clutch and your up

just stand up on the pegs and bounce the forks as you twist the throttle in 2nd. fun :)

on my pitty i can do them in 3rd. ride in 3rd bout half throttle lil less, sit on the back give a quick jerk on the throttle not to much then you have to use the back brake if you jerk to much and presto. a few quick twists after shes up and then i pretty much hold the throttle at half and it should stay there with practice. i suggest doin them in 2nd first, 3rd gear ones will scare beginners cause as soon as the front comes up it will try to flip you off without practice.

on my wrf 426 i can get wheelies going from 1st(at about 10km) to 5th (at about 110) and back its all about balance and being on a flat road helps a shovel load when i get my mini i will be able to tell ya wat its like till then BALANCE

found a pic of 1
12infiddy.gif

Don't know if it's photoshoped.

Last edited:
dude. i want a hand break... but yer. 30 secs on mine. and i was doing 20 meters easy. for me i came of my road bike. so i have no fear of flipping. i have been riding it now for 20 mins. i can do circles. some times one footer dragers.. but im progressing so quick. have been told i am a natural. :p

Just try standing up first, but yeh 2nd is good first is too short lived. pull up from slow speed with throttle if that dont work try sum clutch

I usually go to 1st or 2nd and hold the clutch then rev and drop the clutch and the front end comes up, that part is easy, but I can get the front end to stay up, so ill try stunt101's technique :D ,cheers

once you get to the balance point its alot easier to control but gettin there for the first time is scary stuff......just be smooth with the throttle and keep ya weight even on the pegs and practice practice practice practice practice practice

LOL, i was doing the complete opposite when i do wheelies, in 1st, lean forward, and jerk the shit outta the throttle. :D and i wonder why i struggle to keep it goin for more than a metre. so dont copy what i do/did, its a bad idea...

after reading thru all this a couple of weeks sgo ive almost perfected the mono with my feet on the pegs, i even went as far as taking the front break lever off so i HAD to use the foot break...

BAD idea, i stacked HARD into mums garden, lol but as i said I almost have it down.

Cheers for the tips guys.

after reading thru all this a couple of weeks sgo ive almost perfected the mono with my feet on the pegs, i even went as far as taking the front break lever off so i HAD to use the foot break...

BAD idea, i stacked HARD into mums garden, lol but as i said I almost have it down.

Cheers for the tips guys.

why did you take off your front brake leaver ? you dont even need ya front brakes when wheel standing.....well i dont even touch em anyways

why did you take off your front brake leaver ? you dont even need ya front brakes when wheel standing.....well i dont even touch em anyways

Cos i always went for the front brake for some reason... so i would lean forward and the wheel would drop, it was just my way of teaching myself to use the foot break.... nothing else.

i will hit any jump i see an do it pretty well but for the life of me i cant pop a decent mono on my yz's or pitty i can lift the front wheel easy an keep it up for a second or two but then it comes down so can you explain to me what you mean about playing with the back brake an how do you lean your body on it do you lean a little back or do stay straight
i think those are my two problems the brake to keep it at one speed an balance

back brake is to "catch" yourself from flipping ....as soon as you touch it it'll bring ya front wheel down and stop ya flippin it ... even if ya past vert .

practice practice practice.:cool:

Latest posts

Back