hummer 250

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crom

Reaction score
hi guys. my local pitbike dealer here in the UK asked me to cover for the mechanic while he's on holiday for two weeks. he offered me a hummer 250 in exchange for my services. my question is, does this bike charge the battery while the engine is running? or do you have to manual charge it. i hope not.

regards carl.

You would have to manually charge it but who cares it is only for the electric start you can still kickstart it.

your covering asa bike mechanic and u need us to tell u that :eek:

^^^ I'm with stupid(s)

Perhaps you could get a job at Peter Stevens in Australia!? LOL

BTW if its got a magneto to power up the coil etc, then it should also be routed thru a relay to charge up the battery as needs.

firstly, ive never even seen these bikes before i went into this shop. there isnt much info on them as far as i can tell. secondly, iam used to working on real bikes like yams,ktm,suz kawa's. not cheap chinky piles of crap.

sry if it sounded like a stupid question.

if it came with a battery then it would most likely charge it while riding. P.S: hummers are shit

if it came with a battery then it would most likely charge it while riding. P.S: hummers are shit

compaired to japan made bike, i agree with you 100%. compaired to a pitbike, i dont think they are. the suspension has a lot more, and smoother travel than any pitbike. suspension travel and smoothness determines how fast you can ride without making mistakes due to bouncing around like a kangaroo.
i have a fair few shocks ive refurbed in my garage from onther bikes ive owned, and with a bit of modding, will fit right in there. come to think of it it ive still got a rolling chassis in the other garage ( KDX )

Last edited:
Yes it charges while riding, a quick check with a multi-meter would of showed you charge is going into the battery

hummers are a sweet bike i have had one for a couple of months now and have had no problem with it.:D

hi ,, well if they are like the pro-x 250 ,,, the motor are good ,, but they ride like shit ,,, come a part quick and rust quick lol,,, kill you if you jumped it lol :)

The hummers are a good bike! Better than most of the import bikes.. They are fun to tinker with and with a few new bits like levers and a chain, run great and are quite reliable!

Latest posts

Back