hummer 250

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny#1

Reaction score
gday im only new to this site and im intrested in buying an atomik hummer 250. Are they any good???

from what ive herd they are cheap and crap they are starting to get better the bigger size 250 man theres a thread on here about them still trying to get better or sumthing

stay away from the big chinese bike at this stage. but if you really want one dont get a hummer. go for the atomik blitz at the very least. otherwise go for an old jap bike

yeh china good for mini jap good for full size thats wat was said on here the other day and i agree imagine goin 140km+ and having the frame break or sumthin like that no thanks upto u man u want 1 buy 1

Heya mate. I own a Tomahawk Hummer 250cc (not an Atomik, but still a hummer) and it is a decent bike.

It is not as bad as the standard hummer bikes and has many improved components over the standard.

It does have a few manageable problems that you need to address before you ride it.

The first thing you need to address (like all china bikes) is the nuts/bolts - LOCKTITE EVERYTHING. Almost all of my hummers bolts/nuts were loose, some I could even twist with my fingers, including the swingarm bolt and the rear wheel. I just undid all nuts I could and then put loctite on them all before tightening back up.

The second thing is to replace all fluids with known brands.

The other niggling problem is the way the throttle cable. It is a little short and crappy quality - this combo makes it almost impossible to get a solid idle, and when you turn the bars the revs increase and decrease a bit. It's livable, but not ideal. Just replace with a quality cable.

The real problem (apart from the minor things above) with the hummer bikes is that they are HEAVY and TIRING to ride on anything but level ground. You really have to use a lot of effort riding on rough terrain, and the tires that come standard make it even harder.

Saying all that, it is a decent enough and worth every cent I paid for it ($1100). I thrashed it as hard as I could over rough ass terrain and nothing broke. Rocks, ruts, bumps, sand, mud the lot, and it kept chugging along.

If you don't like the sound of heavy and tiring, may I suggest looking at a Orion/Apollo bigwheel 140cc. They have 17" front and 14" rear wheels and are only marginally smaller (15cm seat height) - but a shit load lighter (25kg).

My mate and his mates have them and they are a great. We went out riding and he thrashed his about too and nothing on it broke. It even has more bottom end (I think mainly it is lighter and as such takes off quicker). In fact it wasn't until I hit the top of 4th and then 5th that I started to pull away from him. I'm now looking at getting an Orion/Apollo bigwheel too :p

There are other bigwheel bikes around too, but I can not comment on them.

Hope this helps you make up your mind :)

you dont replace the engine oil straight away. it is ment to be really thin for run in. once you have ridden 3-4hrs change it. otherwise the engine will not lubricate itself properly and then the dramas begin.

yeh i left mine in for about 2 max of 4 hours cant rember exactly

Latest posts

Back