Husseys LXR build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hussey

Reaction score
Ok so thought it was time to post up where most of my spare change is going. My 2011 pitster pro lxr. Ive done a few things to it but this is the story so far...

I purchased this for a really good price (thanks motorman) brand new in november of last year.

IMG_2055.jpg

Was super stoked when it came, was putting it together in no time.

IMG_2070.jpg

Ive got a little track at my place and so was taking it for a test that weekend. The bike was bogging badly after 1/4throttle and so played around with the usual jets etc but never got it a1 so just bought a 26mm oko.(stopped using the airbox ) Instant fix. Had some fun, loved it. Had to get a new fuel tap as my tank was leaking badly as the gasket wasnt big enough to pull up to the tank. Simple fix but annoying.

Next just played around with the bike and all of its different settings until i snapped a bolt in the swingarm...And the easyout! I have a quick fix but still need to sought this.

IMG_2515.jpg

I was slowly getting more comfortable on the bike and was wanting more power! I did a few small mods like rim tape and fuel cap etc but nothing major

IMG_2203.jpg

Next i got the v2 head after riding one similiar. Blew my socks off tge difference in power! For anyone wanting more power it is definately a very good mod for the price. I also got tak rockers and s20 cam, with auto decomp. I instantly could exit corners quicker and smoother.

I think i lasted 2 weekends before i ordered the 184 kit. Another good upgrade. I didnt initially notice much difference but its definately there. Changed the jetting, took the insert out of the exhaust and the bike has more balls for sure.

IMG_2699.jpg

184 barrel

IMG_2723.jpg

race numbers

At the same time i got the tb manifold to improve the fuel angle from the carby. The only thing i dont like about this mod is the filter sits so close to the engine mount, thus causing rips in the filter if your not careful. I might have to look as some modification here with a small extension off the carby.

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

At the same time got a new michellin rear tyre and heavy duty tube.

IMG_2724.jpg

Next i had to do some modification on the rear hub to hold the sprocket as the thread and bolts were stripping. I just drilled it a big bigger and filed back the hub and put a nut behind. Motorvert24 did the same in his build thread.

At this stage had my first race in trarlgon. Bikes been running well and fully run in. Recently snapped an oil feed bolt but easily removed out of head. Phew.

moty.jpg

Washed!!

Currently i have added some new black plastics plastics, gear lever, handelbars and grips with bar ends.

Front fender and race plate off klx110 for something different.
IMG_2835.jpg

I have big plans for this build. But like most of you know it happens slower than we like...

IMG_2828.jpg

Goodies
IMG_2820.jpg

race plate
IMG_2821.jpg

with white plastics
IMG_2831-1.jpg

Handelbars (Pro Taper)
IMG_2833.jpg

Bike at the moment
IMG_2837.jpg

My plans for the future include:

Upgrade clutch
Exhaust (not pc something different)
chain and sprockets
Levers
Green accessories
Custom miniriders sticker kit (designs will be coming shortly)
New stator cover

These are just a few of my plans. And ideas or comments are welcome. I love my riding as much as the next guy but i also love the tinking side of things. Good to get out the house and away from the misses!!!!:)

Bike started smoking yesterday so head and barrel are apart. I think something is going on with the rings but cant put my finger on it!!!

Ill keep you all posted on more updates!

Cheers Corey.

Sick as man, she's come along way man! great layout and write up too!

Great write up mate!
liking the klx plate and fender something different :)
cant wait to see it with some graphics on it! (green and white?)

ps.dont like the red fuel cap ;) doesnt match...haha

Great write up mate!
liking the klx plate and fender something different :)
cant wait to see it with some graphics on it! (green and white?)

ps.dont like the red fuel cap ;) doesnt match...haha

Thanks mate. Yeah cap is temporary. Got it off a pitpro I got for free, better than standard thou!

Should be a good build , its lookign sweet , nice writeup .

Had the same thing happen with the swingarm chain tensioner bolts , bloody pain in the ass lol...

looks sick hussey.

amazing how much power the v2 gives it over stock, and the stock carby was crap, could never get it right.
i've just done a swingarm bolt aswell..

with the smoking, make sure you have the rings in the right way. mine and reefys bike were smoking heaps and reefy pulled them both apart and realized he had the rings upside down on both of them.

Last edited:
looks sick hussey.

amazing how much power the v2 gives it over stock, and the stock carby was crap, could never get it right.
i've just done a swingarm bolt aswell..

with the smoking, make sure you have the rings in the right way. mine and reefys bike were smoking heaps and reefy pulled them both apart and realized he had the rings upside down on both of them.

Thanks man. I think the rings are the problem. So what is upside down? There is no other explanation.. I have first ring gap at the top then the rest staggered 120 degrees. Any marking i have facing up.....

reefy said one of the rings were upside down, cant remember exactly which one he said it was though, think its was the larger bottom one.

Mmmm I'll work it out. I'll get another set anyway. Will be the same problem that I have. Thanks

rings have a marking stamped on them, i did know which way to face them but forgot lol, ill let you know if i refind the info

cool thread and bike mate, the longer bolts and nylock nuts on the rear sprocket is a must as a mod for any cc bike of all sizes, see so many devastated hubs from loose bolts tearing out. keep as posted on your updates, Cheers

^^^ yeah I knew the marking were up but my main rings don't have any markings? So I'm a bit puzzled. It's the second time I've pulled the head off. I can see straight away oil is in the barrel and down the exhaust outlet. Rings are my only answer at the moment. Ill take the piston to the shop I might not be seeing something...:)

The rings sit flush together when you compress them mate(sounds like a silly question), bloody see short rings on bikes all the time.

The rings sit flush together when you compress them mate(sounds like a silly question), bloody see short rings on bikes all the time.

Yeah could be short. I'll check and keep you posted. Thanks

just a bit of an update(well overdue)
photo.jpg

Grabbed a t4 copy exhaust off dhz and has fixed the problem of the stock exhaust. Bracket always loosened and rattled so pretty happy.
Since last time have put new rings in it, added hand guards, better clutch lever, new chain, 15t front sprocket, new grips(again).

Currently im injured so not much going to happen in the next 2 weeks but have justin working on a sticker kit for me so ill try and do that soon. broke the front guard in the crash so need a new one of those but apart from that im pretty happy with the bike. it probably could run a bit chrisper if you know what i mean but ill work on that once the shoulder heals.

Started on the sticker kit the other day after eventually getting the bike back. I'll post up better ones as soon as I'm finished.
4B9C9B22-19CF-41C5-97FC-7E1C210A4357-1768-000002AD0EEC4730.jpg

1A7A1D0B-0D43-4711-A5AD-1E8C5220575F-1768-000002AD057E0924.jpg

Latest posts

Back