hydraulic clutch??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntNZ

Reaction score
I bought a china hydro clutch a while back and beena bit hesitant to install as yet as the bracket on the engine needs to be modded to make it work...

questions are....

how do you bleed these suckers as they have no bleed nipple?
as it sits now(on the bench) you have to pull the lever twice to get the full range of cable pull, so def needs bleeding and china fluid is junk!
I would like to try bleed while off the bike to avoid fluid all over the engine naturally.
I have read all the previous threads on these china clutchs but there is nothing definitive on bleeding them..
some people love them and some people hate them naturally but thump140 gave them the thumbs up so thats good enough for me..
I def want a hyrdro clutch setup so am I better off saving the coin and getting a Magura setup? If so which one? ie..cr250?, kx450, crf230?, ktm125?, etc etc....

opinions please? thanks

so I bit the bullet and installed the hydro clutch yesterday, first I pulled it apart and got rid of the junk china fluid, had to modify the bracket to make it work which wasn't a big deal(if you have a welder).
I installed the lever end on the bike first and just left the slave cylinder end hanging on the ground so I could bleed it without getting fluid all over the bike.
I filled the reservoir and cracked the little allen nut on the slave cylinder until fluid came out then tightened it again, topped the reservoir up and just kept working the lever (not full stroke) maybe 10-15 ml of movement until no more air bubbles came to the top.
I then installed the slave cylinder end on the bike and adjusted to the right length with the 2 lock nuts I put on the slave and bobs your uncle, job done, works a treat.
went for a small ride and it works perfect, although I dont really think it is that much lighter than the cable, the fact that they are self adjusting is a huge bonus.
Now its just a test of time to see how it lasts.....

002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG

Latest posts

Back