Hydro Clutch

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

draino

Reaction score
I just put one on my bike and it is smooth as, does any one know how to bleed on? it came with no instructions and i just cant get my head around it>;)

mmm...hydro clutch...makes no sense to me on a pitbike...you will see, its only one part more can be easily broken!!

Yeh its looks quite delicate but for $50 I will give it a go, but I would like to know how to bleed it.

i dont think you can, im stuffed as to how they do it at the factory, as i tried to bleed one before and gave up

Have they got a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder ? IF so , you'd do it just like with brakes ...... ie open bleed nipple , pull lever in , close nipple , let lever out , open nipple , pull lever in , close nipple , let lever out etc etc 'til there's only clean bubble free fluid running out (don't let fluid level drop in master cylinder) .

The clowns who think you pump the master up by pulling the lever in and out in rapid succession and then crack the nipple open make me laugh .......... ALL they're doing is foaming up the fluid so that the problem returns when the fine air bubbles settle and form one big bubble again . :p

IF there's NO nipple ... you're stuffed ..... you'd have to pull the piston and seals out , then with the end of the slave pointing upwards , pull the lever to fill the cylinder right up , then try to shove everything back in while tilting it to get any air pockets out .......:eek:

Have they got a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder ? IF so , you'd do it just like with brakes ...... ie open bleed nipple , pull lever in , close nipple , let lever out , open nipple , pull lever in , close nipple , let lever out etc etc 'til there's only clean bubble free fluid running out (don't let fluid level drop in master cylinder) .

Well after reading that I attempted to bleed my rear brakes as they have been stuffing up (Have to pump the pedal a couple of times to get pressure every now and again). I believe I have bled them properly. When pushing down on the pedal the fluid runs out not squirting out with air. But now there is no pressure at all in the pedal so I have no brakes??? It is possible that the fluid got to low when I began bleeding them? Stuck piston??? how do i fix?

theres no air bleed on these hydro clutches. stuffed how they do it in chinaland

Well after reading that I attempted to bleed my rear brakes as they have been stuffing up (Have to pump the pedal a couple of times to get pressure every now and again). I believe I have bled them properly. When pushing down on the pedal the fluid runs out not squirting out with air. But now there is no pressure at all in the pedal so I have no brakes??? It is possible that the fluid got to low when I began bleeding them? Stuck piston??? how do i fix?

Yes that is possible. However I think cactus over simplified it I would do it in this order
1 check fluid
2 depress brake pedal
3 crack bleed nipple (the brake should go all the way down).
4 do up nipple
5 release brake
and repeat until brake works.

Or better still inject the fluid in with a large seringe thru the niplle on the calliper.

Latest posts

Back