Hydro Clutch??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the Rev come std with these? if so i have never noticed?

i guess my first question would be....does anyone currently have one, and whats there thought on it?

I cant see it being much better than a std cable clutch, only because its still cable operated via a small actuator

I dont really know much about this particular one mate, so this is just my opinion/first thoughts on it...

mmm well im havin ALOT of trouble hunting down a cable that is the right length... and im sick of not riding my bike so i thought **ck it ill just get a hydro clutch...

you know anything bout the basshhy??

mmm well im havin ALOT of trouble hunting down a cable that is the right length... and im sick of not riding my bike so i thought **ck it ill just get a hydro clutch...

you know anything bout the basshhy??

post a pic of your bike dude.....

If it was a full hydraulic setup maybe ... its just one more thing to go wrong , stick with a cable . nice and simple . and easy to adjust etc.

plus you can run whatever perch/clutch you want with the cable.

If it was a full hydraulic setup maybe ... its just one more thing to go wrong , stick with a cable . nice and simple . and easy to adjust etc.

plus you can run whatever perch/clutch you want with the cable.

My thoughts exactly Wogtaz...this one is really only "Part" hyd...

By a pretty braided one from DHZ..

nah i'm gonna disagree with everyone on this one... i've run the hydraulic clutch on a few bikes now, one of which has been running without fault siince early 2008... so i can attest to their reliability...
they will lighten the clutch pull, and when combined with an ASV brake lever flipped upside down, they're a great feel...
the added advantage of the hydraulic clutch, is that it never needs adjusting, never fades as the clutch heats up, and is just as progressive as the cable set up, nor does it ever need oiling of the cable....

I say WIN. :D

nah i'm gonna disagree with everyone on this one... i've run the hydraulic clutch on a few bikes now, one of which has been running without fault siince early 2008... so i can attest to their reliability...
they will lighten the clutch pull, and when combined with an ASV brake lever flipped upside down, they're a great feel...
the added advantage of the hydraulic clutch, is that it never needs adjusting, never fades as the clutch heats up, and is just as progressive as the cable set up, nor does it ever need oiling of the cable....

I say WIN. :D

Great feedback Thump!

as i mentioned in my first post, we needed someone that has used one to comment.

cheers guys for the feedback, I think I will get the hydro clutch setup, as im a more experienced rider (first time hydro clutch user) I happy to trade the easier to adjust and workswith any lever I want for somethin that is lighter to pull and not AS much maintenance...

but your right It is one more thing that can go wrong, but I like to keep my bike and parts well maintained so that will minimize that problem...

and thanks again, I REALLY DO appreciate everything!!

cheers guys for the feedback, I think I will get the hydro clutch setup, as im a more experienced rider (first time hydro clutch user) I happy to trade the easier to adjust and workswith any lever I want for somethin that is lighter to pull and not AS much maintenance...

but your right It is one more thing that can go wrong, but I like to keep my bike and parts well maintained so that will minimize that problem...

and thanks again, I REALLY DO appreciate everything!!

Make sure you do a review on it, pics, where you got it etc.

Im sure this will get a few more interested...i know after thumps feedback id tke a look at one too.

Wayne.

well i dont think DHZ sells em anymore, i looked last night and couldnt find it anyway....

so im gunna hav 2 brake a cardinall sin, as much as i REALLY HATE this guy WITH A PASSION!!!

*sighs*

im gunna hav 2 pay an arm n a leg, and buy it thru mingn50s

well i dont think DHZ sells em anymore, i looked last night and couldnt find it anyway....

so im gunna hav 2 brake a cardinall sin, as much as i REALLY HATE this guy WITH A PASSION!!!

*sighs*

im gunna hav 2 pay an arm n a leg, and buy it thru mingn50s

ahhhh man.... cant get it online? i noticed Russ was out but surely someone else will have it?

anyone but mongo50's

tell me about it man... if i could find any1 else in stock i would gladly get it off him and not fag boy over at glendale... if some1 has 1 speak up now cuz im leavin 2 buy it in the next 20mins!!!!

i gave u some reps aswell Wayne

Last edited:
I am going to say they are crap. If you ever need to take it apart you can not re-bleed it, the oil that come in them is junk and cant be changed, also I would think they suffer from heating as they sit onto of the engine, there is a good reason DHZ don't sell them anymore, he always has the latest and greatest but gets rid of anything that is not working out on the track.

Go a cable, you will be less stressed and more happy in the long run, guaranteed.

I am going to say they are crap. If you ever need to take it apart you can not re-bleed it, the oil that come in them is junk and cant be changed, also I would think they suffer from heating as they sit onto of the engine, there is a good reason DHZ don't sell them anymore, he always has the latest and greatest but gets rid of anything that is not working out on the track.

Go a cable, you will be less stressed and more happy in the long run, guaranteed.

hey mate i wont be usin this on the track anytime soon, just trails atm...

and i would gladly use a cable except i cant find a cable a suitable length...
and atm im more stressd with the cable cuz i cant find a cable thats a good length

Latest posts

Back