Hydro Field Riding Gone Wrong

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vic1616

Reaction score
Hey guys, please take the time to read this as i really would like a response :)

So, today i went out with my pitbike and thought that riding it under a bridge of probably like 3 km's of straight grass with a train railway off to the very right side of me, and peoples backyards that were fenced off, (meaning that the hydro feild wasnt there property) were off to the the very left of me so it was just a straight away of grass it was pretty much a hydro field that was great for pitbikes.. anyways

i was riding and a man came out of his backyard and wanted to come talk to me and i know that he was going to say to leave or something.. and my bike was stalled at the time but i was trying to get it running again so i can just ride past him as he was coming towards me.. didnt work out to well and he saw i was trying to leave the scene so he quickly approached me and started saying in a mean matter how he doesnt want me riding here and that he wants peace and quiet (my bike isnt even loud, and this man wants peace and quiet? he has a train just outside of his backyard and he wants peace and quiet?!) anyways he was saying all this **** and told me to leave and not to ride "motorcycles" here again (when its not his property, just an open field that has power lines running through it.

what should i have said?, and should i have stayed? Should i ride there again? It's a incredible spot for pitbikes and i believe that i should be allowed to ride it especially if its not on roads and hidden under a bridge where nobody can see. (just people who have there backyards in the hydro field)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Should have said sorry, and left. Powerlines/trains or whatever, your not supose to be there.

Hey guys, please take the time to read this as i really would like a response :)

So, today i went out with my pitbike and thought that riding it under a bridge of probably like 3 km's of straight grass with a train railway off to the very right side of me, and peoples backyards that were fenced off, (meaning that the hydro feild wasnt there property) were off to the the very left of me so it was just a straight away of grass it was pretty much a hydro field that was great for pitbikes.. anyways

i was riding and a man came out of his backyard and wanted to come talk to me and i know that he was going to say to leave or something.. and my bike was stalled at the time but i was trying to get it running again so i can just ride past him as he was coming towards me.. didnt work out to well and he saw i was trying to leave the scene so he quickly approached me and started saying in a mean matter how he doesnt want me riding here and that he wants peace and quiet (my bike isnt even loud, and this man wants peace and quiet? he has a train just outside of his backyard and he wants peace and quiet?!) anyways he was saying all this **** and told me to leave and not to ride "motorcycles" here again (when its not his property, just an open field that has power lines running through it.

what should i have said?, and should i have stayed? Should i ride there again? It's a incredible spot for pitbikes and i believe that i should be allowed to ride it especially if its not on roads and hidden under a bridge where nobody can see. (just people who have there backyards in the hydro field)

Thanks.

Yep i understand but you don't own the property so you cant ride on it
its like someone coming over to your house you don't even know and riding on it how would you like that yes the houses don't own the property but that property probably belongs to the council or something... there for its not your property and you cant do as you please

yes it sucks you cant ride in a nice spot like that but its the law so what can you do... plus its better paying $20-35 at your closet track then loosing your bike or paying a fine...

Without Rec reg and a licence, you are actually breaking the law. You should ahve apoligised and moved on. He is within his right to complain, but can't personally bring anythign against you, but.... can call the cops to alert them to your presence in what you described would be classified as crown land. No licence, no reg, making unneccessart noise in a public place, hooning are all possible charges than can be bought against you. But the worst thing is you may have your bike impounded, $1500 in fines and your day in court which may lead to a criminal conviction which stays with you for 10 years.

As TDR said above, for your own safety and the image of pitbikes, stick to riding at local tracks or get rec reg,its not hard to get from vic roads. The next mini riders ride day is at Frankston MX track, on Sunday, show up say hi and have a ball with fellow mini riders.

its not your land? enfough said you shouldent be riding all you do is make all the rest of us look bad .

alright thanks guys for your opinions

1 More thing guys...

I live in the city of Toronto.. Any suggestions on where i should ride my pitbike where nobody will see.

i thought the hydro field was a good spot but it backfired on me....:(

Without Rec reg and a licence, you are actually breaking the law. You should ahve apoligised and moved on. He is within his right to complain, but can't personally bring anythign against you, but.... can call the cops to alert them to your presence in what you described would be classified as crown land. No licence, no reg, making unneccessart noise in a public place, hooning are all possible charges than can be bought against you. But the worst thing is you may have your bike impounded, $1500 in fines and your day in court which may lead to a criminal conviction which stays with you for 10 years.

As TDR said above, for your own safety and the image of pitbikes, stick to riding at local tracks or get rec reg,its not hard to get from vic roads. The next mini riders ride day is at Frankston MX track, on Sunday, show up say hi and have a ball with fellow mini riders.
Haha thanks though but im not packing my bags to Australia to ride my pitbike, i do appreciate the warm invite though :)

also just to say i did listen to what the man had to say, i didnt just take off wish i could tho but my bike was stalling at the time. I just kept on replying with "ok" and then he left and told me not to come ever again..:(

Haha, with a user name with 'vic' in it I think we all assumed you lived in the state of Victoria in Australia to which all the things wrong with riding on public land apply.
I'm not sure what the Canadian rules regarding riding are but I can't imagine they would be to different from what is down here.

Latest posts

Back