Hydrulic brake problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey all,
I recently got no brakes after a big ride. The calipers seem to move a little but not enough to stop the bike. Does anyone know how to move the calipers closer and bleed the brakes. I've tried bleeding it sort of but it didnt work. i was told to take the lid of the fluid resevoir and then pump the lever. Does this sound right? :?

to bleed the brakes you need 2 poeple, one for pumping and one for bleeding, take the cap off the master cylinder resovour and top up with brake fluid only, now one must slowly pump up slight prressure about 5 pumps and hold the lever in, now the other helper is to undo the nipple on the brake caliper until pressure / air and fluid is released, then the nipple is to be tightened up before the person opperating the lever lets it off, this method of bleeding should be repeated atleast 4 times keeping a close look on the fluid level [keep full] technic is, pump , hold, bleed, tighten, release. x 4 times

some brake's can be very hard best way i have learnt u take off the cap on the master cylinder place a small hose over the nipple than undo the nipple think its a 8mm? just enough so u see the fluid dripping now fill a cup with brake fluid stick the other end of the hose in the cap top up the master cylinder than pump as RD RACING said than do up the nipple u will need to repeat untill all air is removed the idea of using the hose stops any chance of air being sucked back through the lines

Latest posts

Back