I love the lifan 150:) but could it get better?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alright, so I went out today to do some testing with the Lifan again, I dropped the main jet to a #155 which is the smallest jet I have for this carb, and I lost MAJOR power, Did a Plug Chop and it was white as snow, so I started going up in sizes and actually landed on a #180 main, I guess this carb is generous with fuel...
also went from a #25 pilot to a #22.5 pilot, adjusted the screw to about 2 full turns out.

these settings feels like I'm in the ballpark, I guess I went from a stock rich setting to a VERY lean setting, kinda worried that I ran the engine for 2 hrs with the #165 main...
but now it feels MUCH better, Throttle-response from Idle is instant at the slightest touch on the throttle, I can whack it open at any rpm without any hesitation, bogging or farting, it pulls strong and I can pull the front tire up in the air in 4th gear in the midrange by pulling on the handlebars, but there is still some issues with starting it, it likes full throttle when I kick it, and it will surge up and down ever so slightly on idle so I got some more fiddling to do, gotta measure my floatlevel to, got a feeling its off...

I'm gonna write up an in-depth Review on the Lifan 150 in the Tech Review section later.

Latest posts

Back