I must get me one of these!!!!!!!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horsepower (Rear wheel dyno tested): 18.2 HP
:lol:
wats the price tag on it say?

gazza2003au said:
awesome 8) it looks like a trial's bike wonder if they will change from the original bikes to these electric bikes

I agree, as the torque can't be beaten by it's petrol equivalent, and the programmable throttle response would be perfect for it. 8) 8)

they didnt mention the CofG? if it has a low CofG this bike would feel as light as a push bike! :D but 5g for a 15min ride is cutting things abit short i wonder when the chinese will copy this and sell it on ebay for 1g :lol: ill be placing an order the day this happens :p

did u guys see the price tag on that thing? $7,500 US :shock:

and it said on the order form that they need to be built before you can go get it

my point is these bikes haven't even been assembled yet!!!

very early stages of production 8)

a few have been consturcted, looks like they have been tested with some pretty nice bikes aswell.

one downside of these bikes is that they don't roar when you pull the throttle, unlike petrol ones :twisted:

Don't forget that it boasts the best suspension in the world. My full ohlin se up on my GSXR set me back over 4geez and that is not a complete front up side down forks set up. Surely there is money to be saved in cheaper suspension. But how can you do without??

No roar, no heat from unfortunate commoners who do not understand our needs!! :wink:

I remember a re build on my old YZ426F was worth about 3geez.
that would have been a total rebuild top and bottom end? the 2000 YZ426 had problems with the motor before it hit the show room floor the 2000 YZ400 still had the strong motor :p

Extreme Marine Concepts said:
The other thing is what could possibly go wrong with it??
The brushes need changing??

please also keep in mind that "electric" dirt bikes and water/mud dont always go best together. sooner or later somethin might happen that'd cost you a rebuild of this thing. other than that, this bike sounds great :D

Will I get shocked if I ride in a puddle of water?
No.
The Blade has a 48 volt battery, which is considered "low-voltage" by most institutions,and poses no shock hazard. The electrical system performs fine in the wet or in mud. You can wash the Blade with a pressure washer, but the battery must be left unplugged for safety.
it will go ok through mud but a 48volt shock might come as a suprise nothing like 240volt i remember when i was messing around with my jetski battery on the beach standing in the water i felt a slight tingle on my fingers than it hit i shit can only imagin what 48volts will do in a river crossing lol

r1_rider said:
Extreme Marine Concepts said:
The other thing is what could possibly go wrong with it??
The brushes need changing??

please also keep in mind that "electric" dirt bikes and water/mud dont always go best together. sooner or later somethin might happen that'd cost you a rebuild of this thing. other than that, this bike sounds great :D

A rebuild?
The stator re wind, new brushes. Couple of bearings. That's it! Cheaper than you think.

Things it will never do:
- conrod through the block.
- wreck the rings.
- blow a hole through the piston.
- go out of tune.
- loose a reed.
- ruin the clutch.
- wreck the bore.
- overheat.
- let every one know of your presenceand where abouts.

I love the direction this bike is taking, and I can only see it improve as batteries and motors improve. It would be cool if thay would build a more budget model without all the fancy suspension. But as it is I want one!!!! 8) 8) 8)

electric dirt bikes also bring a better future for mother nature :lol:

and not to mention a decrease on the amount of money you'd save on petrol (assuming you ride it alot :D ).

if only more cars were like this :roll:

gazza2003au said:
that would have been a total rebuild top and bottom end? the 2000 YZ426 had problems with the motor before it hit the show room floor the 2000 YZ400 still had the strong motor :p

most of the guys in our club who have had the '00 wr400f's have had majour problems with there gearboxes, and this is from guys who take great care of their bikes too.

Latest posts

Back