I think my clutch has gone?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kourt

Reaction score
I was having a thrash today and after riding for two hours my clutch started slipping (i think thats is what is happening)- from a stop i would try take off in first and it wouldnt take, it was kind of going in and out biting then not and when riding i would get this clunk noise then it would slip a bit. Just doesnt sound good when it does it?

Could the clutch be gone or maybe something to do with the oil heating up?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:
i highly dout your clutch is gorn.. the clutchs in the fiddys you cant really burnout.. but id check your clutch cable one... then id say it would be something in your box

how bout you might need new sprockets?/ chain

if it was your sprokets youd think you chain would come off tho??

Yeah sprockets seem ok, i just hope the box hasn't gone! Im leaning towards the clutch because it stays in gear and it makes the noise in first and second under high load. Its just a weird noise and i cant pin point it.

I don't know how a wet clutch works so i dont know what can go wrong with them but Ive been thinking about removing the clutch side of the engine- but to do that you have to remove the whole motor coz some of the bolts are obstructed by the frame. Might send it in to get looked at but that may cost me more that just buying a new engine. What do you think?

Im just thinking the chain has streached quite alot since i got it and ive just moved the wheel back to tension it- it could be that the chain is sliping just a bit? But it doesnt explain the problems on take off- the chain is definately not sliping then?

have u changed the oil, mine did somthing like this i tightend the clutch cable and she was sweet.

I was thinking oil too? On that oil change i have been through about 5 or 6 tanks so it may be getting old.

You said you tightened the clutch cable and that helped? Did you change the oil at the same time or did the oil have nothing to do with it? Cheers

Are you saying you have been through 6 tanks of fuel without topping up/checking the oil?

you're clutch cable may have stretched! do a oil change there might be something on the clutch possibly allowing it to slip/grab

my clutch was slipping wen it was cold so i tightend the cable but i also changed the oil try this it might work.

Yeah ive been through 6 tanks on this oil change and yes i do check my levels everytime I ride.

The oil was darker that usual but it wasnt thin. This is the longest ive gone with out changing the oil (6 tanks)

Ill change the oil and tighten the cable tomorrow after work and see if this helps, im running a synthetic 10w-40 atm is there any favorites for oil?

Last edited:
Dunno dude but it cost 35 bucks for 4 litres

Yeah its the correct weight but some people have said synthetics cause clutch issues?

I think using synthetic oil does actually make the clutch slip. Change to Non-synthetic 10w40, I use Motul 5100 10w40 non synthetic.. Good stuff

Gear box is completely rooted

I tryed the new oil and tightening the clutch cable and took it for a ride to test it- still the same, so i did some more testing, it seemed to only slip/jolt in second gear and all the other gears where fine??? So now i was thinking GB.

After testing for a few more minutes i lost third gear BADLY, went clunk then rattled, game over. Had to go back using first and forth.

What do you think is a more cost effective plan, buy a new Lifan 140cc or fix the Ducar?

Latest posts

Back