I was all excited to get home today

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norway

Reaction score
Cause my house mate sent me a text telling me a package arrived..
Finally.. It always seems like an eternity when I buy something new and have to wait for it
Anyway, I got some new plastics and big bore exhaust from dhz and was wondering if anyone else had gotten theirs from dhz?

As soon as I wrapped the exhaust I thought to myself that it seemed reallllyyy thin, way too thin for a mini bike exhaust I would think, but I threw it on just to hear the note and within seconds the header was glowing, I nearly pissed my pants lol!

I had a video for ya'llz to see but youtube doesn't want to play the game tonight.

So all I wanted to know if anyone else had the same thoughts about their big bore exhaust pipes, or if anyone elses glowed like a ranga in the sunlight?

v5jxfm.jpg

5fn3nr.jpg

Blame the crappy photo quality on my phone haha

You should be worried that the engine is running so lean, red hot pipe means that the engine is running red hot.

I started my bike up and got a red head almost straight away, so I cut it off and and fixed the air leak I had found.. Look around for air leaks (by spraying WD40 around the carby manifold as so on)

:first:

you usually find glowing exhausts are cause from bikes running lean..

what carby do you have

what size is your engine

and what are the jets that you are running in your carby

well i put my brand new pro circuit T-4 pipe on my crf50 today and guess what .. noo troubles at all it was perfect and the crisp sound made funny stuff happen in my pants JAP ALL THE WAY !!!!

id say you forgot to throw a new exhaust gasket in??? just a guess

i'll check for air leaks tomorrow arvie sometime i hope,
i'm sure if i started her up right now my granny neighbor would love it ahaha

it's a mikuni 26mm running on a yx 160
as to what jet sizes i'm running, i have no clue. it's running stock from the shop and haven't pulled it apart because i'll be transferring to an oko asap

Did the bike run ok on the old pipe? Like i said if you didn't put a new exhaust gasket in and there is a leak there, this will cause it to lean out and glow like that.

i had a similar problem and turned out to be a shagged gasket

well i put my brand new pro circuit T-4 pipe on my crf50 today and guess what .. noo troubles at all it was perfect and the crisp sound made funny stuff happen in my pants JAP ALL THE WAY !!!!

so what did you learn from your jap bike..... i bet nothing

nah i didn't put a new gasket in there, i just left the old one in because they bike has been run no more than 3 hours tops.

i need to have an attempt at tuning the carbie anyway, i'll never learn how if i don't at least try

japs teach you alot too but they just dont have the ongoing problems. i pretty much know my motor inside and out now from doin the 88 kit and other mods and i can do pretty much everything except jetting and complicated tuning . but from the parts you replace on a japanese bikes you do learn your fair share.

nah i didn't put a new gasket in there, i just left the old one in because they bike has been run no more than 3 hours tops.

i need to have an attempt at tuning the carbie anyway, i'll never learn how if i don't at least try

dont touch the carby unless you need

i would try a $2 copper gasket before you put your carb all out of whack

dont touch the carby unless you need

i would try a $2 copper gasket before you put your carb all out of whack

i'll grab a gasket for sure, but the bike wasn't running great on saturday when i had a strap anyway.
took a few kicks to fire up and coughed every now and then in the low to mid range

japs teach you alot too but they just dont have the ongoing problems. i pretty much know my motor inside and out now from doin the 88 kit and other mods and i can do pretty much everything except jetting and complicated tuning . but from the parts you replace on a japanese bikes you do learn your fair share.

buddy honestly take alook at were your motor says its made its not japan so its not a jap motor i ride both honda and china bikes and honestly had to spend more on a honda then i ever did on a china , but what dose any of your stuff have to do with this thread ????

try just taking the bottom of your carbie off and checking if theres dirt in it i had this problem at my last race meet i had dirt in the carbies witch was blocking my jets

buddy honestly take alook at were your motor says its made its not japan so its not a jap motor i ride both honda and china bikes and honestly had to spend more on a honda then i ever did on a china , but what dose any of your stuff have to do with this thread ????

That just about covers it (cheers Tim :beerchug: +Rep) so lets keep it on topic.

Latest posts

Back