Idle changes as handlebars move left to right...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydogz

Reaction score
My pit pro 140xr idle well when the front wheel faces forward but when i turn the wheel to the left it idles much faster, to the right it stays the same...

I understand its something to do with the throttle cable but not sure what, as it doesnt seem like it is pulling or stretching the cable...

Thanks for you help...

P.S i did search for a while trying to find similar posts but couldnt find anything sorry...

just re run your throttle cable mate, because it is most likely pulling on the cable when you turn and make sure both of the rubber boots are on the carby and on the throttle, hope that helps a little

thanks darren ill have a look at it tomo

yea mine did that too, the cable was caught on something but I can't remember what

ok mate, you have two causes here for your problem, both very simple to remedy.
Either the throttle cable supplied with your bike is a bit on the short side, or it's routed incorrectly, in a way that it is coming up short, or catching on something when swinging through the steering axis...
remove your front numberplate, and with the engine running, move the bars from left to right. When the idle picks up, take a look at where the cable is stretching/pulling... this is where you will need to move it, so that the cable takes the shortest route possible, without catching on anything from the throttle to the carby.... It's easiest just to pull the cable out of the top of the carby, and re-feed it through the bars/triples/ undertank until you have the excess length you need, to turn from left to right without it effecting idle speed...
If that still doesnt work, your cable is too short, and you will need to source a longer throttle cable..

my bike was doing that and there was enought adjustment at the adjustment nuts on the handle bars. if you can just wind the thread back in on the cable housing where it joins into the hand peice

^^^^ doesnt always work, because when the bars are straight, freeplay at the throttle will increase, then tighten up when the bars are turned. may have the desired effect on idle, but not the best way to achieve it..

stilll, anythings better than having the damn thing stick wide open...usually when theres a tree jumping in front of you:p

thanks for your help guys will test it out this arvo

Latest posts

Back