if you had $2000 what kind of bike would you buy?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont hesitate, Buy now>

trike2.jpg

Seriously though that is a very vague question, Are you looking a buying something & want advice? or just making a general fairly open thread?

I dont have $2000 spare at the moment but I am building one of these very soon>

DHZ OUTLAW 160R, LKI Sticker, New Release

DHZ-05.jpg

Last edited:
If you right click the image/pic & click VIEW IMAGE in the menu it will take you straight to the website it was sourced from, Also works with most pics in here or any forum really

yeah sort of looking for a bike. ive already got a pitpro 150xr that im happy with at the moment but i was looking more to a big bike, 125 or 250 :)

Really need to know what sort of riding you do, If your going to ride on mostly MX tracks then go for an MX bike, If you wanna ride enduro/long distance get a big four stroke, Its much like asking how long is a piece of string

How experienced of a rider are you? How much power do you need etc etc? In the end it is up to you after considering all the different factors

The thumpertalk forum would be a good place to ask but again you are going to get a million different opinions & it is still up to you to decide

The old XR's are really reliable & easy & cheap for parts>

honda xr | eBay

my dad has a xr250 it seems a bit underpowered on the mx tracks. i mostly ride mx tracks and bush here and there.
my weight is 55kg and about 170cm tall. 125s feel a little under powered, but if i found one that had a bit of work down to it it would be okay.
hope that helps

my dad has a xr250 it seems a bit underpowered on the mx tracks. i mostly ride mx tracks and bush here and there.
my weight is 55kg and about 170cm tall. 125s feel a little under powered, but if i found one that had a bit of work down to it it would be okay.
hope that helps

Yeah thats why I said to get an MX bike if you ride MX tracks, An XR400 wont be any more fun on a track unless you modify heavily with CRF forks & work the motor etc, If you wanna ride enduro etc then the XR400 will be perfect, They can be pretty fast bikes but just dont quite have the same suspension & power hit like CRF450's but for under $2000 you can expect much

There is plenty of nice XR400's etc in the ebay link I sent you

Yeah the old CR's are not too bad, Nothing like the power of the newer 2-strokes but still fun, I would go for an XR400 & work it so it can be almost as good on the track & then you can also rego it & ride wherever you want

02042010006.jpg

100_4440.jpg

x4r or motovert pro (the 2010 model), personly im not going to buy another pitbike unless its a Pitster pro LXR, save up the extra 400 i reckon if not motovert pro 150

Last edited:
there acutally pstos the newer motoverts, find a psto there cheaper..
im talking about the klx style motovert pro has a daytona and marzocchi forks and elka rear shock, once i get a bigbike i may try find one myself

Latest posts

Back