I'm having problems with the choke on a lifan 140??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RYNNO

Reaction score
hey fellas,
i recently bought a brand new lifan 140 for me old mans go-kart,
we got it runing but were having problems with the choke.....
the engine only runs when its on choke, when we pull the choke off, it sounds like it carnt get enogh air into the motor and it stalls,
even in nuteral...
im not sure wether its not enough fuel or not enough air or anythin like that, thatz what im hoping it is.
problem is, im new to the mini bike scene and dont no were and how 2 tune it, if thats my problem.
its a 26mm carbie, still being run in.
goes good but this problem is keeping me back.
does any1 know how 2 fix this???

i also just recently bought a mso 140s... same motor and it runs like a dream,/ so im abit confused about what goin on here,,
could any1 give me a hand?
cheers,
Ryan

Are you sure the choke is off and not on when it runs fine? In the manual for my bike it got the choke positions back to front and they were wrong but if you really want to find out (if you havnt done this allready) take the airfilter off and look at the butterfly valve, when the choke is on the valve will be closed.

i have it were the pin on the choke goes in to the carby and when i pull it out it stalls, (when it goes in the choke is on) (when it goes out the choke it off).

it revs 2 high 2 quickly when im in first gear?
whatz the deal with that?
ill have a look 2morrow,
cheers

True i got the same problem on my new bike so i raided the forums 2 see if anyone else has this problem. My bike starts when the choke is up, but when i put it down the bike cuts out. In the manual it says the choke is off when its down. Soon as i put the choke down the bikes cuts out. Bloody Chinga bikes

Most bikes will do that! Turn the choke on, start it give it a couple of revs and then move the choke into the middle position for a few minutes.

had the same problem untill now, i simply pulled the carby apart and cleaned it up, first kick with the choke off bike started like a dream, I reckon dust must get in there during transportation and simply a good clean, worked 4 me

it revs 2 high 2 quickly when im in first gear?
whatz the deal with that?
ill have a look 2morrow,
cheers

sounds like your gearing is to low.you need a smaller sprocket on the back or a bigger sprocket on the front,either that or take off in second and only use 1st for like a low range for covering rough ground slowly like a 4WD(lowrange)
BIT

yes i had the same thing a dirty carby give it a clean and should be like a new motor

Latest posts

Back