I'M over MINI'S

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KTM, if you want all out power of a two stroke, that still can handle really nice, go a KTM 380, also there 250 goes great and they have a 300 now too for that little bit extra, i have a 380 and it rips your arms off, absolute weapon

lol thanks guys for the responses. gotta love the power band of the 2 banger.But if you read my post it is stated that i only want a 125. gonna go the cr125 yz125 or rm125, just need to find someone on here that has either of them.

KTM, if you want all out power of a two stroke, that still can handle really nice, go a KTM 380, also there 250 goes great and they have a 300 now too for that little bit extra, i have a 380 and it rips your arms off, absolute weapon

I totally agree, My 300 is a ball tearer, and the 125cc, 200cc and 250cc are much the same. Despite what some others have said, they handle as good if not way better than there Jap counterparts.
As KTM owns there suspension company, they have many years of development without swapping brands every year looking for something better,(which most of the time doesn't happen).
Definitely look into the KTM"s, you wont be sorry......

haha Sorry but KTM 2 strokes are the most horriable bikes for handling & on ruff terrain & they stand for Kost to much

yeah ktm ain't really an option i don't want to be spending more on parts than what the bike will be worth in the future, plus they look ****, no offence to anyone that owns one.

Last edited:
get a four stroke.. these days they have the same amount or even more power then a 2 banger and they are easier to look after and cheaper to maintain.. also they dont have to be rebuilt every 20 hours or so of riding

I am in total agreement...

Motoluver why do you think they use 4 strokes 99% of the time with road bikes because there are many kms racked up and for the amount of kms and time spent riding the maintenance is considerably lower than a 2 stroke.

It is a common misconception that 2 strokes are easier to maintain but this is not the case due to the very OLD yes OLD technology of the engine design.

4 strokes are a more reliable motor as i have friends and myself that have 250 dirt bikes and 2 stroke dirt bikes and some of the 4 strokes have gone regular riding as in 5-6 hours a week and still been chuggin along fine after 12 months... hows that for reliability.

Yea i wouldn't own a KTM either a mate of my fathers who's a mechanic of 20 years now and was working for a KTM dealer only 12 months ago and said they are **** cause they mostly all come back on warranty with something wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS. We are talking motocross bikes not road bikes! And everyone who knows dirt bikes knows 2 stroke motocrossers are a more reliable engine then 4 stroke motocrossers. Every dirt bike magazine will admit that.

yeah well i'm buying a second hand one so there will be no warranty on it lol. Its not the reliability that i'm after and yes they are easy to maintain no matter what anyone says. I'm after the pure power of the 2 stroke, there is nothing like riding with a power band, it gives you such a bigger adrenaline rush, a bit like having nos on ya car:D

^^ right on motoluver. what isn't reliable, next you will be saying that a pitbike is reliable, made with the best possible parts and never needs maintanence which is definitely wrong

And your both what? 17 oh gee i guess you have so much experience with motorbikes we should all listen about your in depth knowledge then aye?

And yea i know we are talking motorcross but the principle is the same. The reason 2 strokes are such a viable option in motorcross is because they don't do the same miles.

I would rather torque than power not usable below 10k.

And your both what? 17 oh gee i guess you have so much experience with motorbikes we should all listen about your in depth knowledge then aye?

And yea i know we are talking motorcross but the principle is the same. The reason 2 strokes are such a viable option in motorcross is because they don't do the same miles.

I would rather torque than power not usable below 10k.

Holly crap!!! 10,000rpms???? Have you ever ridden anything over a 125cc 2 stroke??? 250cc 2 strokes make plenty of bottom end to mid range power. And then you say 2 strokes are harder to work on then 4 strokes because they have old technology??? Please explain what is so hard about working on them. Old technology is correct but they are very simple engines. Rebuilding the top end on a 2 stroke will take an average of 1 hour and anyone can basically do it. On a 4 stroke not many people can rebuild them in their own garage and it takes hours to rebuild.
All 2 strokes need is fuel and they basically run. On todays 4 stroke motocrossers everything has to be spot on or they dont run or will run like crap. Clean air filter, fresh oil and frequent valve clearance checkings are a must on a 4 stroke motocrosser. Oh and 2 stroke motocrossers are easier to start then 4 stroke motocrossers:p

Now you are miss reading what i wrote...

I never said that 2 strokes weren't simple and i never said they weren't easy to work on.

It's just that you don't really need to work on a 4 stroke because they just keep going.

So please read what other people write in the future.

Now you are miss reading what i wrote...

I never said that 2 strokes weren't simple and i never said they weren't easy to work on.

It's just that you don't really need to work on a 4 stroke because they just keep going.

So please read what other people write in the future.

So I take it that your China has never had a problem, and you have never had a problem with tuning the thing?
I have rode bikes all my life (I am now 37) both 2 and 4 stroke thumpers, And to say that there is no torque on a 2 banger below 10k is absurd.
I take it your the one that is 17 with no experience to be making such ridiculous claims like that!
4 strokes dirt bikes are so much harder and expensive to keep in optimum running order.
Maybe you should go to your local shop and " GET A CLUE".

I was exaggerating to prove a point.

4 Strokes will have everything over a 2 stroke when it comes to torque and yes my chinese pitty has never had a problem and i've never really had to tune it besides lowering the idle from stock.

2 strokes require more concentration to ride because you have to keep them in the band and you can't throttle off for extended periods of time because they need to be revved.

I was exaggerating to prove a point.

2 strokes require more concentration to ride because you have to keep them in the band and you can't throttle off for extended periods of time because they need to be revved.

Once again have you ever ridden anything over a 125cc 2 stroke??? Big bore 2 strokes do not have to be revved!!!

If I were you I would be staying silent, Its better to have people think your a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Bring an old saying out why don't you. I think there are a lot of people that would agree with me and just because your not one of them certainly does not make me wrong.

Running on that logic of yours, I am then to believe that your 125cc China would have more torque than say; a yz125???
I think not....
And if a 250cc is the biggest you have ridden then you have no expertise and very little "EXPERIENCE" to make any sort of comparison!!!

Latest posts

Back