I'm thinking about a pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hello

Reaction score
Hi and hello :) I've been looking around lately for a new bike as my old one ( mini dirt 49cc) keeps on braking, yes it is true the 2 stroke engines are shit . I want a pit bike 125 , not sure what one because i'm still looking around,do you happen to know any reliable makes?

Would it be better if I buy a brand new pit or a second hand pit ?.I would like to adventually be able to understand my way around the bike as I have no experiants what so ever .

what about if I build it myself from scratch theres a good web sight that I found Quad Bikes | Pit Bike | Dirt | Mini Moto Parts | Midi Motos Spares .They seem to have the most of the parts .

What do ou guys think , as i've been told this bike is a step up and is more reliable ?
I really am a compleat novice when it comes to this bike :/

how much money are you looking at spending? are you from the uk?

yeah i'm from the UK :) i've never been to Australia, but I here it is the bollox ! Is it true the weather is always hot?

Anyhow back on topic. Are these the sort of bikes, that you pay for quility or can I pick up or put together a cheaper thing say for example if there was a pit bike that was brand new, and there was a second hand pit bike that came out a few years before the brand new, would it matter?

Really I just want to put a bike together that is reliable, and when I fill abit more confident i'm sure I would want to get something else.

Can I find one between the price rang of $100-$300 that would be decent enough ? do these bikes brake easy ? do I have to clean the bike through all the time?

What bike do you have?

Last edited:
yeah i'm from the UK :) i've never been to Australia, but I here it is the bollox ! Is it true the weather is always hot?
lol is it true in the uk the weathers always cold and dark? nah it's 40% boiling hot, 40% freezing cold and 20% just right

stay away from second hand china bikes, these things brake really easy and the engine could be on the edge of death

Nope. You been watching to many films lol

Do you no what I didn't undersatand one bit of that haha j/k

Come on give up some more information on bit bikes?

you'll get a death trap at $100-$300, dont even think you could get a pitbike for that... best bet is to save and get a half decent bike between $1000-$1500... they are your half decent bikes that you'll be able to jump, ride and have fun on...like DvDRip said "stay away from second hand china bikes, these things brake really easy and the engine could be on the edge of death".

because you dont live in Australia its hard to tell what bikes yous have, unless you got eBay UK??

try ebay uk u sould b able to gert reasonably priced over there maybe??

Yeah I got ebay.co.uk .Do you no what makes me largh ? you type in pit bike and this pacific time theres 3 pages full of them , starting from 80 UK pounds up to 720 UK pounds.They are all pretty cheap.Are most of these second hand china ? I really don't no , are pit bikes made from china?

Can someone go to the UK ebay page for me please and type in "pit bikes" and just have a look through these and let me know?

I would really appreciate it :)

That is nice . They also have the exact same, look wise , with a 125 cc engine.Would anyone advise to save your self abit of money and get it sent to you unsemmbled or would it be better to just buy it assembled?

Check this out though : stomp 150cc klx pit bike spares/repairs on eBay, also, Other Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Vehicle Parts Accessories (end time 22-Jun-09 12:41:20 BST)

Looks like someones brought this, had it for a year then it's started to brake slowly .The 3rd gear is broke , would that be down to fucked up shifting or down to the product?

Last edited:
Stay away from that one mate ...the tranny is cactus .

not hard to assemble ...front wheel ,bars and plastics is about it

I'm not familar with the brands over there mate but the one Coza posted looks all right

hey mate
u should go for a brand new bike,
for the price they are second hand compared to the price they are brand new it not really worth buying a bike that could have been thrashed and someone could have mucked about with the engine,
for an extra couple of hundred you can buy a brand new bike so its better just to save a bit extra and get quality rather than a thrashed rip off bike.

To Dreedful...

Cool .Surpose it would be better to buy a brand new one but say for for instants something went wrong with the bike i.e the gear box . Are they easy to replace or does everthing start to brake once you get your first problem with it?

I no your not fimilar with the brands over here and you carn't be a 100 % sure
but just through your experiants with pit bikes am I making the right choice in getting one .

I don't want this so be a constant repeat of the last bikes I had. Like I said I've have had mini 499cc dirt bikes and they were just trouble.

Last edited:
Gearbox's can be a problem .... but seeing as new motors are pretty cheap alot of us just get a fresh motor rather than split the case which can cost more than a motor if you don't do it yourself ... I just did a shiftfork in my 140 and lost 3rd myself ..... just swapped it for an outer rotor kitted 150 so happy days .:D

As for things going wrong ??? Alot depends on how you run in/service and ride it ....there is a good thread in the tutorial section on this .

But yeah the one Coza posted looks the goods I'd go that:cool:

Thanks Dreadful and to everyone else that has helped me taking one step closer to picking the right bike :)

I think that about settles this post , I learned alot

cheers guys, until next time...

hello

Last edited:
no problem mate! yer and those rockstar graphics look prtety sik!! and they come stock on the bike aswell lol :)

Latest posts

Back