I'm tired of hearing it.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidney

Reaction score
I'm sick of hearing "I got fined" or "I got caught riding illegally". The answer for Adelaide is simple. Just fence off a part of pelican point for us to ride in, chuck us a few shovels and we are happy. Is it really that hard??

I have no idea what your talking about :cool:

or u ride at ure own risk OR go to bike track OR buy a block of land and ride on that SImple,,

hang on im with sidney on this one even tho im from melbourne i like the idea of fencing off a peace of land and making ity legal to ride how ever there is always bloody laws so its never gona happn because of insurance my favourite word

WA has the pinjarra motocycle area (AKA the Pines) across from the raceway, which is both legal and Awesome. Alot of people in Perth use it for a weekend thrash.

I would be very supprised the other states didnt have designated area's, for dirt bikes??? Are you sure youve looked properly?

yeh sidney's got it on this one ;) us boys need somewhere we can just let loose and the cops cant do nething bout it!!

Unless any of you boys have about half a million dollars to buy your own land, no one is going to give you land to ride on.

Sidney, if you really want to do something about it get on board with the guys at SA Fun Bikes to lobby Council to provide some reserve land for a track. The old landfill site at Lonsdale is looking like it might go ahead, but it could still be 6 months off.

Other than that, win lotto and then wait until your 18 to get into a legal contract for land. But its always handy so know someone who has 50 hectares of private land.

I'm sick of hearing "I got fined" or "I got caught riding illegally". The answer for Adelaide is simple. Just fence off a part of pelican point for us to ride in, chuck us a few shovels and we are happy. Is it really that hard??

Not really, the tracks I have at my house are better than what you get at pellican point, re-open pt gawler and Im happy.

Man there are only like 2 maybe 3 of these threads. If anything you should be pissed off about all those ones asking whther this bike is good. I am sick of all your threads having a freaking thumbs up on it. This thread doesnt need a thumbs up yet you insist on putting one up....

im with ruby start lobbying the council and start asking them all the questions to get a part of land marked off, tell them it would be in the interests of the upcoming youth as it gives them something else to do other than shoot up drugs, run a muck and vandalise everything, most skateparks get the tick because of this reason and usually anywhere between 250,000 and 500,000 and a block of land get thrown towards the cause, it would be great to see the council to take a part in supporting the sport and giving all of us a local legal place to ride

I would say that the local council knows that it is there best interest to provide the land and funds to accomplish this, but if people don't go ahead with petitions and go to council meetings and express there desire to have these places put aside for the use of bikes. they won't even think about it, why would they? Are they going to just spend around a million dollars on a project and hope it works? No, they need to see and hear from thousands of people that want these things and no they have the support of the community and know that the venue will be used.
So get pen to paper and start lobbying your local council, get a petition going and make yourself heard.

Unfortunately, most people would rather type out a thread complaining about not having anywhere to ride, and leave it up to others to do something about it. Write to your local Council and mention your concerns and ask if there is any lobby group who have contacted Council so far and ask to be put in touch with that group. Do it in a professional manner and you'll be taken seriously.

I've been browsing websites of Councils in the area and I've emailed a few queries. How about some of you boys do the same and get the ball rolling.

Give SA Fun Bikes in Lonsdale a call and ask how you can help get a track for people like you.

Council knows it is a good thing to do, but won't do it unless you twist their arm. Land is valuable to them just sitting there and looking good on the books for their urban development and zoning (Ricky is the manager for an Urban Development and Planning business). The problem lies with the land having an 'existing use' and makes zoning a hassle. Theres a mountain of paperwork to go thru just for us to have a track to ride on. Thats why Council will act slowly, because no one wants it to be their paperwork.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back