Importing Bikes from USA

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellrazor

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Have done a little research but to no avail....

I'm bringing in a bike for myself from the USA (kx250f ) and am wondering if there is a market for people buying new bikes form the USA but on Aussie shores?

I only want to bring in 2 or 3 cause i have room in a container - but they would just be spanking new mx bikes...

Whats the deal? Can i do it? are there restrictions? Will people not buy cause they are USA bikes?

Any help would be great

Hey guys,
Have done a little research but to no avail....

I'm bringing in a bike for myself from the USA (kx250f ) and am wondering if there is a market for people buying new bikes form the USA but on Aussie shores?

I only want to bring in 2 or 3 cause i have room in a container - but they would just be spanking new mx bikes...

Whats the deal? Can i do it? are there restrictions? Will people not buy cause they are USA bikes?

Any help would be great

Have only really heard of people importing cars or bikes from the US, mainly something older, as in a historic car or vintage motorcycle, not sure if there would be a market for it as you can get them here already, would a company honour a warranty from another country for one of there own products, i dont know mate, was just throwing some question out there. Quick question? Do you get a better deal and price from the states as opposed to purchasing in Australia. I would take it you would have to declare the bikes and would require another import licence which can take a certain amount of time as you would already know, or would you just take the chance of not getting caught. maybe bringing more than one in customs may become suspicious of something, because they can be a pack of A'holes at times.

Last edited:
Hey bud. WORLDS LARGEST SUPPLIER OF QUALITY LOW HOUR VINTAGE MX BIKES | Dead Dog Racing import bikes from America. Wade is the guy you can speak to - it cost 800 to import from their Compton warehouse in Cali. 800 includes everything like import tax, quarantine etc. there are no hidden costs with them, you just have to pay the GST which is 10% of the bikes price. The bikes are alot cheaper in the USA and you would make money. You just have to find a cheap way to get the bike to the ddr Compoton warehouse. You can import any kind of "dirt bike" and any year.

Bringing new bikes in also attracts a duty as well as GST, so make sure you factor that in to the cost. There are quite a few people here in Aus already bringing bikes in from the states and then re-selling them here, so it can be done, but dont go thinking you will be making thousands off each bike. They also sell for much less here because they are US imports. I have brought a couple of bikes in from the states, but both were second hand, and it is relatively easy to do. DDR are good if you dont want to try and do it yourself. Check out Honda18's link.

No problems

Thanks for the advice.

I already import stuff from American for my business so i was just thinking of putting a few bits n pieces in a container to fill it up.

As long as there is no restrictions once it gets to this end - im happy.

A few of my jetskiing friends were bringing in skis and saving $4000-$5000.
But the dealers won't cover warrenty and they won't fix them or service them.

Problem for the new owners ....plus when they go to sell them ,know one wants the ski and are giving them away cheap to people that can do the work on them ,them selves and dropping a bundle as a end result.
To make a few grand here and there ,its not worth the hassels.

If you buy motorcycle trader magazine ,you will see Sumoto motorcycles {a dodgy importer ..google them} and I think they are importing yamaha honds etc from over seas and selling them ...they are not yamaha or honda licence dealers.
But they are selling dirt bike deliverd to you in a box cheaper them a OZ dealer ...do a search.

But if your bring one in for your self and have a local non dealer mechanic to fix it and order parts and there isn't any extra tax etc ,it maybe a good deal .

Yeah, swappermx is right, you won't make alot of money unless you buy a bike that is worth a bit of money like 4-8 thous American, no point buying a bike worth 1-2 American unless you wana keep it because the cost will work out the same.

Latest posts

Back