Importing Monkey's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 Minutes Turkish

Reaction score
Hi,

Im wondering if anyone can help me, I have just had a job offer in Australia and will be arriving in Sydney in 6-8 weeks. I have a fantastic custom monkey that I have spent a small fortune on and obviously dont want to sell. Does anybody know if it would be possible for me to import this bike that is currently registered in the UK, I am unsure of AUS law and thought someone on this site might have an idea.

Cheers, 5 Minutes Turkish.

Hi, I think you may have a problem if you wish to register the bike to ride on Australian roads. Since it wont have an Australian compliance plate the authoritys will take one look at it and run the other way.

Contact the NSW Road Transit Authority for more info. Hopefully they may be able to help you out.

Registration

unless it has OZ compliance plate, than youll never get it registered here, i have a import z50 that has rego here, and they stopped allowing them in now,

there are ways around that if you know what your doing wink wink:D

getting it into oz will be the easy part, its getting it regoed that he wont be able to do easy,

nothing on it will be Australian Standards Approved,

Merhaba, Nasilsin?
Thats if you are turkish :)
Mate, I don't think your going to have any issues with getting it into australia [Do they charge? I have no idea]. However, you are going to have problems with getting it registrated in australia. I suppose each state may have their different set of laws, but im pretty sure in victoria Monkeys aren't aloud to be road registered. Anyway, just do what we all do.. ride em illegaly :)
Good luck
ben

If its a old honda you should be able to get it regoed. Check with the rta in the state you are moving to.

Latest posts

Back