Info needed on minimotard wheel/tyre setup :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creole

Reaction score
Hi.
Im after some info on a minimotard wheel/tyre setup.

Currently riding an old atomik avenger with yx140, normal non USD forks, normal 14,12" front rear.

What i want to know , what is the typical noob setup for motard tyres?

DHZ only sell 12" street tyres, so that means i would have to get a 12" front?

DHZ appear out of stock for 12"motard tyres , scooter shops should sell similar ones right? But do they run inner tubes?

Also, after we get the motard setup, we plan to hit South Morang motard track.
Do they require leathers?
Would we get away with kevlar jeans, boots and riding jacket?

Also any links or recommendations would be tits.

yer they run 12 fronts and rear, yer inner tubes with rim locks, they run wider rims then dirt btw

tyre shops should be able to get u the tyres if need i think,

thanks!

dhz are out of the low end kendas ($80? pair with tubes). 4 week wait.

epping moto have 12" bridgestone and dunlops , but they are $80-100 each + $15 tubes. Bit out of my budget for a setup id rarely run.

Would you guys recomend slicks?

Id be loocking into a 2.15 front rim, and using the standard 12" rear but just putting on the motard tyres. This should be ok ?

Hi creole
using the wheels that you sugest would work for muching around with just for fun. If you want to try some slicks contact small wheel deals on 0401 281 184 ask for nootsie, last I heard he had inova slicks in stock they are ok for mucking around and not to expensive. small wheel deals is in qld but i'm sure nootsie would post for you.

Tina

Hey Creole. I have just finished setting up my bike for motard and I'll be doing my first ride at LeMans Dandenong tomorrow night.
You should come for a look as all the guys there have be so amazingly helpful in letting me know where and what I need to get.
Also Brad at Braaap in Frankston has a heap of motard wheels and cheap tyres, i think they were $35 a tyre, but don't quote me on that. They too were really helpful.

Hi Barnesd09
If you get any pics of the track or bikes or anything tard related post em up, love seeing pics.
Have a great night out.

Tina

Latest posts

Back