Info on Registering pit/mini bikes???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini-gee

Reaction score
Where can i find the info i need to....

A) Rec Reg a pit bike

and

B) Rego a pit bike for the road

Cheers

U carnt just do it to any mini it has to have a comp on the frame so eather a motorvert rx or a zedder

ok i found some info, took a fair bit of searching (using google) lol u can delete this thread.
sorry

if you did a custom job on a bike and you got it signed off by an engineer and all that crap, theres no reason why you couldnt road reg one

i've heard of a lxr with rode reg just like the mv rx
or the guy may have been talking about a lxt (lxr anyway just rode legal)

You can rec reg any pittie as long as it has all the bells and whistels (lights,blinkers ect ect). Just can't road rego a bike unless it has a comp frame.

Do a search on here there is so much info about Rec reg and pit bike reg. Not all scooters have compliance plates yet there road registered.... Think about that and I'll tell you the answer when I'm not on my iPhone.

Hmm Mabey With a mv rx frame , or was it a pic couldn't being in another country

nah it was here, i seen it on a 4WD trip i was on. But i have since found out that depending on which state you are in you can/cannot REC reg a pittie.

You can rec reg a pit bike in Victoria. My old braaapster had rec reg.

But some Vicorads offices will try tel you that they no longer give pit bike rec reg... just go to another vicroads office if that happens as its all bull$hit.

Go get a head light, rear brake light, right hand side mirror and horn. Call vicroads and make an appointment to register a new bike. Fill in some paper work. Jerk from vicroads checks over the bike, tests everything, he tells you its fine and give you the plates. This all costs about 180 bucks. Then after that its just 90 a year. It's great as it gives you TAC cover, so if you injury your self at a track TAC still cover it. Victoria is the only state that offers this, even when it comes to cars! Vic FTW!

thanks for clarifying, all good info. so the brake light goes off the rear brake? and not the front? also i believe you need a high/low beam headlight? im looking at doing this soon, so if all goes well ill post my build up here.

You can rec reg a pit bike in Victoria. My old braaapster had rec reg.

But some Vicorads offices will try tel you that they no longer give pit bike rec reg... just go to another vicroads office if that happens as its all bull$hit.

Go get a head light, rear brake light, right hand side mirror and horn. Call vicroads and make an appointment to register a new bike. Fill in some paper work. Jerk from vicroads checks over the bike, tests everything, he tells you its fine and give you the plates. This all costs about 180 bucks. Then after that its just 90 a year. It's great as it gives you TAC cover, so if you injury your self at a track TAC still cover it. Victoria is the only state that offers this, even when it comes to cars! Vic FTW!

agreed ;) ...................

thanks for clarifying, all good info. so the brake light goes off the rear brake? and not the front? also i believe you need a high/low beam headlight? im looking at doing this soon, so if all goes well ill post my build up here.

High/low they never check at Vicroads. Applying front or rear brake needs to make the tail light light up. Sorry I must of confused you a bit in the last post by saying rear brake light I simply meant the brake light must be at the back/rear of the bike(tail light).

Just got my 150 nitrous mid size rec reg'd 2 weeks ago.

basic headlight on front (3 led's)
rear light (1 led for tail light and 2 led's for brake light running of front brake switch)
right hand side mirror
electronic horn (no more 'honk honk' horns as of new years)
cover on front sprocket (most bikes already have this)
receipt of sale showing VIN and Engine number.

went through vic roads in sunbury, guys are great there, checked the numbers matched up and that everything was there but thats it, didnt have to start it or even get it out of the van

Latest posts

Back