Injuries in the ESD Camp...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESD

Reaction score
Hey Crew
Just so you all know my Boss and best mate Kenny B rolled his ATV on Wednesday arvo just after we had constructed it. He was turning right hand down whilst sitting on the left handside of the buggy which unweighted it and it rolled. As the buggy rolled he put his arm out (human nature to react this way apparently) and took the entire weight of the buggy on his left arm. Which dislocated his elbow and then the dislocated bones emerged through his Bicep muscle in the top part of his arm...
I can hear you all cringing right now. Well Kenny being the tough guy he is got himself out of the buggy and the bone slipped back through the hole where it came from and he walked about 150m back to the workshop absolutely pissing blood from the hole in his arm...
He's currently in Hospital and will be for a few more days at least and there is talk of maybe transferring him to the Brisbane Hospital for micro surgery as there may also be damage to the nerves that control his hand...
So if your in need of anything from us we are still open for business but things are just taking a little longer to do as I work for other companies as well as ESD so between me and Kenny's better half Louise we are trying to get orders out as soon as possible...
Cheers for your understanding and patience
Big Leigh
PS I've got pictures on the way...

damnn that sounds nasty man. hope he pulls up allright and still has use of his left hand.

HEAVY :eek:

Yeah mate all the best to him from all the crew down here , had a mate with an odessy who had a similar problem .
His injury wasn't as bad as Kenny's but his solution seemed to work....He attached welders gloves to the steering wheel.

Just got off the phone with Kenny's better half Louise, the big guys is hangin tough....he's still in hospital but has shown some positive signs and all things considered is doing well.

These are the risks we take for the sport we love , yet when one of your crew gets pressed like this it always shell shocks you...so say nice things when you are ordering your parts the guys are soldiering on and the excellent level of service won't change ....they are just missing the big guy.

But yeah he is doing well and will be back on deck soon :cool:

Cheers for the support lads we are soldiering on and hoepfully kenny will be back on deck tomorrow even though he isn't out of the woods he may not get movement back in his fingers for up to 6 months pretty heavy stuff for having a test drive in something that is meant to be fun...
But then who said anything fun was safe i think it opens your eyes to how dangerous just about everything we do is and that you should always think safe no matter how slow your planning on going...
Smiles all round and i'll let you know how we go breaking the big fella out tomorrow...
Cheers
Leigh

Sounds good..

Leigh can you answer my PMs on fmxaus.. i feel like im being ignored?

Hey Dalt just super busy dude trying to get lots done and stay active in the forums you should have some in your PM box this morning... :)
Big Leigh

Hey Dalt just super busy dude trying to get lots done and stay active in the forums you should have some in your PM box this morning... :)
Big Leigh

haha shit.. spoke too soon! sorry mate..

I'll cchat to ya next few days!

dalt

Hey All
We broke kenny out from the asylum this morning and we're trying to get through a back log of orders from the past week so if you've ordered anything expect to see it early next week.
We thank you all for your patience over the past week and we're back onto it...
And we have a fresh shipment of stock and some new parts to add to the catalogue showing up tomorrow...
Cheers
Big Leigh

Just thought i'd share a couple of photos...
A couple of Kenny before the ride to the hospital and one of the buggy that did the damage to Kenny's elbow...
Cheers
Big Leigh

Attachments

• Kenny-1.jpg
    Kenny-1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Kenny-2.jpg
    Kenny-2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Kenny-3.jpg
    Kenny-3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 30
thats madness hope there is no long term damage :)

Could be up to 6 months before he gets any feeling back in his hand...

damn, hope he pulls up allright man, thats a tragic accident. we all have that reaction to put our hand down to stop ourselvs falling over or getting hurt, unfortunatly for kenny it turned out bad for the poor bloke. im sure i speak for all the boys here when i say pass on our best regards to him, its a long road ahead but he will get there.

shit he got pretty messed up hope he gets well soon the buggy looks alright any major damage to it?

Kenny's stoked he can finally reach his own nuts again with his stuffed arm and can even rub his head with it the rehab is going well so far and he's so positive about the whole thing its amazing...
There was bugger all damage to the buggy he rolled and its actually at 50's HQ with a for sale tag on it as Kenny won't be able to drive it for awhile...

Latest posts

Back