Inner Rotor Kit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a search Possessed, there are heaps of threads on this mate. Yeah I rekon its a good mod for little outlay of money & is fairly simple to do ;)

you shouldnt have to tune your carby...the wiring is really easy....you basically take the old wiring diagram off and replace it with what comes with the inner rotor kit....but the cdi breaks easy...maybe buy a spare just incase it does

you will also need special tools to remove the old ignition and you will need a really strong grip to undo the screws to remove the old magneto

Just my 2c worth ... but why can't we give the guys a straight answer?

I keep reading the answer "do a search". I've done a search myself and you know what I get? 90% of rubbish. Threads like this that keep saying "do a search". I have to filter thru heaps of threads that don't give me the answer, or simply advise "do a search".

It is daunting for a new member to search for an answer and filter all the rubbish. Int he end, they may still not know what is true and what is false. Its just as easy to start a new thread asking for an answer. If the answer was given in the first place, and then advised next time to do a search, then the search function will work better for the next member looking.

Therefore ... possessed, as far as I know they are a direct swap, but there is a bit of monkeying around if you do not know how to spin a spanner. No need to tune the carby. No need for any special wiring skills, should plug straight in. The IRK is lighter and therefore means the engine spins up quicker making it more rev happy. Cons? Not that I know of except the work required to swap it in. I haven't actually done the job myself just yet (its on the cards), so if anyone can add more info or correct me on this ...

CONS: magneto puller costs a shitload....good idea to find a bike mechanic who can do it for you...and you should probably get a lightened oil slinger to go with it....could save you from buying a new engine

I have to filter thru heaps of threads that don't give me the answer, or simply advise "do a search".

I do agree with Ruby but have found this to be the nature of this whole forum. Multiple opinions (some will say blah is good & some will say it is bad) is what a forum is all about. It is up to us to take all this on board & form our own opinion.

To get a straight answer here about an IRK has been very elusive I have found and perhaps if someone did have the time to cut the crap and put all pluses & minuses into a single thread it would save alot of time.

Here is what I have learned from putting one in both my & my oldest son's bike:
1: you need a flywheel/gear puller (get em from Supercheap Auto for approx $35)

2: You need to drain the oil before you start.

3: It is really handy to have an impact driver to undo the 2 big phillips head bolts that hold the plate on.

4: To the best of my knowledge, a blue "Racing CDI" will NOT work with this thing (I have 2 for sale for a real cheap price :rolleyes: )

5: So far I have found that setting the pickup 2mm higher than center is a good place to start fine-tuning your new ignition timing.

6: your bike will rev more freely & take alot less time to rev up making it more like a 2-stroke bike - ours go fkn hard now :D

Hope this helps all of you who are thinking of doing this :)

cons
-stalls much easier then stock
-torque is sacrficed, making it abit harder to go uphills etc..
-lose traction and tire spins out of corners..(well on my engine anyway :D)

but there are way more pro's then cons ;)

Damn, my bike spins out on corners too now (did my medial ligament in my knee almost 7 weeks ago) need to adjust riding style :D - also has ripped so many knobs of my new Kenda milville tyre in only a few rides

cons
-stalls much easier then stock
-torque is sacrficed, making it abit harder to go uphills etc..
-lose traction and tire spins out of corners..

I can live with that. I love drifting ... LOL

It is also handy to have a rattle gun to replace the fly wheel nut, as the new smaller fly wheel has nothing to hold onto so it can be tightened properly.

hey man i had to become a member just to post this lol
have a look on this page

can any one tell me y this site choose a brown back ground????? bla ugggglyyyy

Big 50 Race and Retro Parts

Damn, my bike spins out on corners too now (did my medial ligament in my knee almost 7 weeks ago) need to adjust riding style :D - also has ripped so many knobs of my new Kenda milville tyre in only a few rides

Hey Dude, do you find you have to short shift yours all the time now with the IR kit? I find i am hitting the rev limmiter all the time now. Hows yours?

yeah, i've got that problem, esspecially with the stroker crank it revs out even faster! it's because the 1st gear ratio on these chinese engines isn't all that great..i just change the front sprocket and it was abit better..going up 1 size is a noticable change

hmmm I guess I'm going through the gears quicker but I used to race 2 strokes when I was a kid so I'm kinda used to it. Really it is a noticeable engine mod and does change ya standard china bike from a "postie bike" to something more performance oriented. You don't drive a F1 car the same as the family commodore.

pritty simple answer to the question...

this is just based on what ive heard...

PROS: up the top end of the revs it fuking hooks and runs sweeet and your bike does go harder with one of em

CONS: you loose your bottem end so like taking off is sluggish and stuff

just what ive heard be interested to get some other opinions on em.. wat more power just twist the throttle more??

nah take off is much better...for me anyway...i am taking off in second now.
and also the drifting part....its crazy for drifting...lmao i spun out like 23 times in the first half an hour when i installed mine because i was trying to drift

anyway...also set the idol a tiny bit higher...like a couple hundred revs not even that, because when you give the throttle a quick flick it revs up so fast and revs back down so quick that it stalls on you

well i spose youve had a good out come with it then...

but i take off in second normally so that doesnt change much then and on a corner if im going fast enough i can get my puppie drifting in basically any gear with just abit of help from the throttle she loves it in 3rd tho ;);) and my bike doesnt idol so thats all good 2 ;)

damage

i heard you can damage your crank if you dont install an oil sling as this keeps balance between each end of the crank, the irk and the oil sling they should sell em as a kit not oil sling and irk seperate?? has any1 damaged there crank bearing using one of these yet??

I bought one at the same time s my IRK but havnt got round to installing it yet as I need to get my hands on a clutch nut socket to install it. Should pull my finger out eh?

i made my own socket to get the oil slinger off...i was easy just find a socket that is the same size as the nut...and then cut grooves in it where they are needed with the grinder and plug it intour rattle gun and torque it off.

Latest posts

Back