Inner Rotor Kit????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonsta

Reaction score
What does an inner rotor kit do and where can i get one for my ducar 125cc? and how much are they?

What does an inner rotor kit do and where can i get one for my ducar 125cc? and how much are they?
is you ducar electric start if so they will not fit andis it start in any gear with clutch in( clutch on main shaft) or clutch on crank, if it is clutch on crank it is not advisable to fit one unless you want to destroy crank

yeh its a clutch on crank setup...wat exactly does it do

yeh its a clutch on crank setup...wat exactly does it do
the inner rotor replaces the fly wheel with a rotor which is a massive weight reduction on the crank , thus allowing the engine to rev up like a 2 stroke. Makes throttle responce 100% better. It also alows up to 40degrees of timing adjustment. the down side is that it reduses engine brakeing but , who needs engine brakeing when you've got 2 stroke throttle responce and brakes. If you fit it to a crank mounted clutch it will spin the end of crank as you have a tinny weight on one side and the weight of the clutch( massive) on the other, the rotor side will want to spin up faster than the cluch side resulting in a stuffed crank. When it is fitted to a main shaft mounted clutch(start in gear) you have the rotor on one side and the oil slinger on the other. The oil slinger can be machined down to make it lighter, making both rotor and oil slinger spin up together.

$300 for a chingy no name or $500-550 for a Kitaco.

Depends if you want no frills or brand, they are both good.

sorry to say this, but mjc how could u say they are both good? when u havnt run either (not saying i have) but i would have to say a kitaco would be better quality

crazzy1 sorry but what are you basing this on? the fact that one has a brand name and the other doesnt. dont forget when LG came out they were unknown by anyone and considered a shit brand because ppl didnt trust something without a name, now they make some of the best tv's, dvd's etc in the world. my only advise to anyone is to do some research, get some feedback and base your options on that. yes kitaco do make a mean inner rotor but the next brand could be just as good, 2/3rds the price and just need someone to tell everyone else how good they really are.

thats my 2 cents anyway, spend it wisely :D

Crazzy #1 they are prob made in the same factory by the same machine, there is only 3 factories in the world than Manufacture like 30+ different brands on LCD and Plasma tvs

and thats my exact point. there all the same yet ppl dont trust them due to a name that isnt established. true there are some companies that do dodgey work but as i said, do some research and get some feedback about the product and then go from there. if 8 out of 10 ppl say its good, chances are the 2 that complained just got a bad copy. if 8 out of 10 ppl say its bad, more than likely the company is bad. if you cant base a decision on those statistics then i dont know what to tell you.

whats the extra parts in the kitaco setup cos the ebay one doesnt have the extra box but it does have another part rubbing on the spinning wheel.

sorry to sound stupid just wondering

whats the extra parts in the kitaco setup cos the ebay one doesnt have the extra box but it does have another part rubbing on the spinning wheel.

sorry to sound stupid just wondering

the only thing the ones i get that the kitaco one comes with is a kill switch but you can use your origanal in most cases

Handy hint when installing a IRK, dump your oil first !

I put mine on today and didn't know the existing plate had a huge oil ring seal around it and when i cracked it and poped the stock plate off , bam OIL as far as the eye could see , narh not really but i was in a rush t catch as much as i could to minimize my clean up tho .

the down side is that it reduses engine brakeing but , who needs engine brakeing when you've got 2 stroke throttle responce and brakes

reducing crank weight wont affect compression (engine) braking. It may reduce the inital braking if you want to do say a compression lockup into a turn then power out but other than that it shouldnt affect it.

Yeah not haveing engine braking had me worried because my rear brake dont wrong at the moment and i allways use the motor to brake but... But for beter throttle i'll fix my rear brake i rekon (my mates have been hasseing me to fix it for over a year now)

Latest posts

Back