inner rotor weight?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3NNINGS_024

Reaction score
hi all, i got a dirtmax yx 150 for the bike build a few weeks and i was shocked at how little torque it had. my old ducar 125 with a full flywheel pulls wheelies easy peasy in second gear but the 150 struggles to pull the front up even in first:eek:.

im positive that the IRK is the culprit, being such a small weight and all. anyways i was just curious if an inner rotor weight would increase my torque alot as i'm not really keen on buying a ORK. if an inner rotor weight is the way to go, would this fit??:confused:

Inner Rotor Weight - For Kitaco - CRF50 XR 70 50 CRF70 : eBay Motors (item 300338100341 end time Feb-08-10 00:32:15 PST)

yep they fit i run 1 on my yx150cc have'nt had a chance to test it yet though but everyone tell me they're the way to go if you like inner rotors. they add around 10 ounces i think, so it would help with the torque side of things how much i dont know, if you do decide to order 1 order it through factory motorsports website postage is cheaper that way

Last edited:
And don't forget yx150's are naturally a top revver , with the small 53mm stroke . so they wont have very good bottom end

cheers sagaone, i think i'll get 1. if there's not a great improvement then i'll probably go with a ORK anyway.

And don't forget yx150's are naturally a top revver , with the small 53mm stroke . so they wont have very good bottom end

yeah wogtaz, once the revs pick up (with a bit of help from feathering the clutch) the engine just hammers along. its just in the tight stuff you have to try and keep the revs up or it'll stall:(......which is a pain in the a$$

Latest posts

Back