Install my cam

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50freak

Reaction score
Hey VIC guys does anyone want to help a brother out with installing my tb race cam and doing the gasket mod for me?

Or does anyone recommend a good bike mechanic who is reasonable around the melbourne area?

I can pay cash or beer;)

Cheers guys let me know!!!

installing a cam is pretty easy first time i took apart a engine i changed cams was a little tricky but eventually got it

Do you have a link to an tutorial?

I'd rather someone with experience does it for me ya dig, motors are not my thing.

nar sorry no link i just went with what i though would work lol and it did?

but yer your best off taking it to a mechanic it cost me umm like 130 for them to put bore kit in carby piston/barrel etccc and tuned it up , so i dont think it would cost much to just put a cam in and do the gasket mod (no more then 30mins) so it shouldnt!! be any more then $50 i reckon?

Yeah i'll make some calls but i'm pretty sus on just taking it to anyone!!

Unless there recommended by someone who has had work done there before.

Ok so $220 installed isn't going to happen so anyone know of a reasonably priced shop in melbourne???

do it yourself its about 2 bolts and 2 screws and about 20 mins of your time to do it.it can only go in one way then all u do is put the cam chain on and set the timing.

Sorry dude! I was just hoping you would of been more specific with your how to comment.
Like I've never been good with motors and I've literally got no where to work on my 50.

Gosh I miss newcastle.

i did it on my old 140 about a year or so ago and its not hard cant exactly remember the steps but ill try right up later or tomoz a guide sorta thing to try help ya!

cheers

if you've got parts already

take it 2 andy at big 50 might be a bit of a drive for ya but tell him joel sent ya he will probably only charge ya a couple of hours
and he will check your valve gapping and all that sort of stuff as well
i'd do the cam for ya no probs might cost ya a six pack or somthin but i'll pass on the gasket as i dont have a torque wrench and would wanna do a good job for ya

where are you located????

andy is in beaconsfield no. 90 payne rd ph. no. 97073170

i have a feeling he is working at some stages but is still doing work

still doing the gasket is a shit of a job and i'm not sure of the benifet but andy will confirm that he is horizontal engine guru
you will get more out of the cam than the gasket if you where going to do a piston thats a differant story

let us know how ya go...

As soon as our dollar recovers against the us I'll be ordering a powroll 15.1 piston.

I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Thanks

leon if ur stuff hast arived tday let me no asap i found the recipt aswell. if it hasnt arived il go down there and hav a yarn to em

Latest posts

Back