Installing a rim lock

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china boy788

Reaction score
hey, so im gonna put a new rear tyre on my bike soon with a rim lock as well.
how do i go with installing the rim lock,,, do i jst drill a hole in the rim and bolt it on??
hole wood be a cross from the tube vavle, and wat size dill bit wood be best to use??

go to a moto shop cost me $50 for a new tube rim lock and instalaiton and i think they charged me $20 for a tube so it will either cost you $30 or $35 and you dont have to worry about getting the rim lock centred and removing and instaling the tyre

go to a moto shop cost me $50 for a new tube rim lock and instalaiton and i think they charged me $20 for a tube so it will either cost you $30 or $35 and you dont have to worry about getting the rim lock centred and removing and instaling the tyre

^^^^^
thats a good way but not everyone is made of money.. the trick to getting it centerd is measure everything twice and mark the middle.. drill with precaution and you should go OK.. or pay 20-30 bucks whatever is was.. but your not going to learn anything if you do that..

^^^^^
thats a good way but not everyone is made of money.. the trick to getting it centerd is measure everything twice and mark the middle.. drill with precaution and you should go OK.. or pay 20-30 bucks whatever is was.. but your not going to learn anything if you do that..

ha the rim lock saga ,IMO just pay a dude to do it
what you will learn is the next time you want to do it

YOU'LL PAY SOME1 A FEW LOUSY BUCKS its way easier :D

and who says the guy at the shop is going to take a bit of care with someone elses chinese "hunka junk"? especially when hes making what? ten bucks out of it?

ah depends where ya get it done i spose

i needed a new tyre fitted so got a new irc dunlop tube and rim lock fitted for 90 bucks never got anothr flat and tyre is still good as new

done a few locks in my time to know

PAY SOME 1

well.. pitbikes are for people on a tight budget in the first place.. why not give it a go.. you shouldnt always go to other people for everything.. i dont think rim lock is that hard to do personaly..

DO IT YOURSELF, BE SATISFYED AND KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE HAS BEEN DONE PROPERLY..

allthough, if your made of money like snitchy, just pay somebody, and pay somebody to do all of your housework while your at it..

i needed a new tyre fitted so got a new irc dunlop tube and rim lock fitted for 90 bucks never got anothr flat and tyre is still good as new

exactly what i did Kept getting flats... so got a tyre/tube and said chuck in a rimlock cost about $90 to.. can run the Rear Really low pressure without it busted tubes ! worth it.

DO IT YOURSELF, BE SATISFYED AND KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE HAS BEEN DONE PROPERLY..

But if its your first time , you will always have this feeling in the back of your mind ... shit i hope i did it right!!

So realisticly if you got the rim lock , it will cost what.. $15? for them to put it in.

But Do it yourself if you feel capable to save a few $$

Just guestimate the drillbit size with the size of the rimlock .

I got mine done at a local bike shop. For those in Adelaide it's Bill Motorcycles in the city. Top blokes there!
Cost me $45. I got it done by someone else simply because they HAVE the tools to do it properly, I don't. I can just see myself trying to do it with just a few big ass screw drivers, mucking up the rim, bending it, gouging into it, whatever; and then thinking F*** WHY DIDN'T I JUST PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT??? NOW IT'S GOING TO COST ME 3x's AS MUCH!!!!!

ok well wat wood be needed to do if i did it myself?
jst find the centre of the rim and then drill??? also on the other side of the rim from the valve?
is there any thing else to it?

allthough, if your made of money like snitchy, just pay somebody, and pay somebody to do all of your housework while your at it..

TIGHT budget lol
so if ya aint got no money why are you playing with toys???

btw i WORK for a living and i got a wife to do me housework ,got any other great 1 liner's

OMFG (I usually don't say/type that)! All I have read in this thread is blahblahblah, "get someone to do it, do it your self."

Mate, if you have got the tools and willing to give it a go, go for it! That $30.00 dollars or whatever might come in handy later on down the track.

As for people saying "chinese pitbikes = waste of money" etc, maybe we can't afford to buy Japanese bikes. But that's been said before...

I'm with Snitchy, It's a PITA doing it yourself well worth paying someone $15 to do it for ya. $90? I wouldn't pay that much, if it cost that much I'd do it myself Even tho I scratched the crap out my rim last time.
What i'd do, buy a tire, tube and rimlock. Drill the hole for the rimlock and stick it in there, take it all to a bike shop and have them put it all together, cost $15 anywhere in my area

DHZ you're a tool, I couldn't even be bothered explaining to you why you're an tool, you should know by now.

Last edited:
putting the rim lock in is the easy part its removing and putting the tyre back on is what cbf doing
takes to long and to much effort
haha

Latest posts

Back