installing new chain

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodytod

Reaction score
hi there guys,

im just on the finishing touched of my new bike that i have built up... (will have build pics up once i've done the bike).

however, im putting on a brand new chain, to give he biek that new feel lol hhaha. what im wondering is, is there any spot that would be best to have the chain to.. like on the swing arm.. should i have the axles of the wheel right towards the back of the axle hole or should i have it in the middle or closest towards the motor?

cheers guys

Goody

have the chain adjusters pushed as far forward as you can towards the motor......this way when your chain stretches you have all the space behind the adjusters to tighten to required tension(3/4" between swing arm and chain)....hope u can understand my wording lol:D

have the chain adjusters pushed as far forward as you can towards the motor......this way when your chain stretches you have all the space behind the adjusters to tighten to required tension(3/4" between swing arm and chain)....hope u can understand my wording lol:D

Yeah what he said :D

^^^^hahaha cant belive i forgot to add that.....get a chain breaker makes life so much easyer i sell em at work if anyone wants one.......if u dont got one just use the old grinder and pin punch :D

Yep I just use a grinder to take the ends off the rivet and then punch it through. Just be sure to cover up the rest of the chain so your not getting metal/grinding dust all over your new chain.

Latest posts

Back