Installing Z160HO engine into Motovert RX125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoonta68

Reaction score
Hey people
i just picked up a brand new rx 125 in crate missing engine and a few minor things
i have a brand new pitster 160z engine,coil,loom and i need to know the followojng

-how do i install this engine to power the lights and battery?
any help would be awsome as i dont have a camera and theres no tech articles on this subject

let me know

cheers

my engine is the new 155z with oil filter and looks to be a version of the lifan cdi(bigg mofo

it doesnt have the yellow wires

dhz has a diagram for lights but i never payed attention when my old man taught me (sadly not alive now)

it has outer rotor
byt only has 1 wire spare from stator which is GREEN and red

im not sure if this is of any use to you, but this is how myne ork is wired, (i take no credit for the pic, it was Sean01 and hes awesome! so helpful)
ps. dont take any notice of the red writing, that was me

enginewiring-1.jpg

Last edited:
its the same as pictured on the tbolt usa site u linked poulsen8r

and yes its a new oilfilter 155z

im not sure if this is of any use to you, but this is how myne ork is wired, (i take no credit for the pic, it was Sean01 and hes awesome! so helpful)
ps. dont take any notice of the red writing, that was me

enginewiring-1.jpg

mine has matching wires out of engine ork wiring to loom wiring

no pink or such or grey

i have the blue wire with white but no grey/black wire

!

i put a 155z in my rx i used a stator of a lifan 14o wit the extra white and yellow wires then i just had to match the colours. ps u can buy the same stator from dhz for $65

^^ Beat me too it mate was just about to say you will need to get yourself a lifan ORK with the extra wires coming out as i hit the same problem as yourself. Stupid Zongshen ORK are not compatible so you will pretty much have to bin the standard one

and did any one else discover the top engine bolt is larger on the 125cc than standard chinese pitbikes?

also if anyone has changed the swing arm on there rx to just a bolt and nut not bush/cap/bolt
let me know

yes i just drilled the top mount of the motor til the bolt slid through

did ya just put it on its side and drill press it and it going in straight and not braking cases is my main concern

no i didnt use a drill press i just used my hand drill and went up in drill bit size

ok sweet as thats the engine saughted now for the swing arm

also has anyone got a lifan stator setup with lighting leads attached?

also is there supposed to a fuse box or something behind headlight as i have a few wires left unattached and unshore what there from

i know 1 is yellow with white strip

personaly i would recomend the lifan stator stock typ

then you should know the rest IE yellow and white , run to reg/rec , run your headlight and tail light direct from yellow stator wire ,IE from rec/rec where you would use a red wire to run to batt i splice a wire from there direct to headlight ,

i find the lifan stators to work the best for a constant good charge to batt

Latest posts

Back