Introduction, quick turn throttle and more.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munecito

Reaction score
Hello guys. Newbie here.

I don't own a mini but I own a Sachs Madass. I think the engine is a lifan one. 1P52FMI 125cc 1n234 sounds like it.

Anyway, as this is my backup bike I am planning in doing some mods to get a bit more of street ability out of it and maybe some cosmetic mods too.

The question is: If I get a quick turn throttle kit for the bike. Would the switches in the right side of the handlebar be affected? The headlight switch and the electric start are located on that side and are part of the assembly as far as I can see.

I would really like to get one of those kits because the throttle on this bike turns too much and it is a pain to wind it up or down everytime.

Other planned mods include getting a bigger donk, or a big bore kit as the 125cc is good for 90 but after that it gets really shaky and doesn't really go anymore. I sent an email to a shop (Big 50) and they suggested an outlaw 140cc rebored to 150cc which sounds good, but if I could go bigger without affecting too much the lifespam of the engine it would be a big +.

Someone else suggested me to drop 4 teeth of the rear sprocket, from 47 to 43 so it could get a bit more top speed. Would this make the bike become gutless from the mark?

On the cosmetic side I would like to get the seat recovered with a pattern that I haven't decided yet, modify the fenders (if the law allows me, I'm researching on this) and maybe add a few colour features to it.

Here we are getting ready for a ride:

P1010010-2.jpg

P1010012-3.jpg

I'm located in Sydney.

Thanks for your help and inputs and sorry for the lenght of my first post.

Will

I would definately go the bigger motor but will rego allow that?

nice bike

Yes it would. Have to get it checked tho and pay a fee to an engineer but the difference in size is almost negligible. We have done it in cars before too.

Or I could just get a receipt saying the engine is a 125cc as they have about the same phisycal size it wouldn't be a problem. Have seen it done before. It wouldn't be a problem if I just rebore the original one.

Hey do you think that sprocket you are selling would fit this thing? Mine is 428 pitch but I don't know about the bolt pattern yet.

Will

Last edited:
hmmm it could possibly fit but your road bike chain might be too wide.

ill find out the pitch tomorrow.

that is 1 machine

um as for your gearing whats your front and how big are your wheels

that will determain your takeoff

a 4 tooth drop on the rear with no change to the front wont do much at all

go up a tooth on the front and drop 3 teeth on the rear

depending on wheel size that should bring you into the 100 km mark with out to much load on the takeoff

thats my guess anyways

I'm not quite sure but I think it has a 17t front sprocket. I think I read somewhere that the 17T is a very tight fit there so I don't know if it would take any bigger sprocket at the front.

The tyres are 16". The bike weights about 100Kg plus my 75Kgs, plus whatever the gear weights.

Cheers.

Will

if all your switches are on the throttle assemble u wont be able to get a 1/4 turn unless u can get another switch assembley which isnt connected to the throttle
and if u do, u will might not have enough space on the handle bars with the brake leaver on there aswell
altho u might be able to move the switches to the other side?
not sure as i aint never seen one of these

Get a brake master from any bike shop/wreckers as this will have a long enough lever to cover the switch assembly and the 1/4 throttle. You could also reuse your switch assembly, just remove the throttle cable and tube from the housing. Machine/cut a groove in the housing if you need room for the new 1/4 throttle.

Thanks.

As soon as I have my daily ride back I will dismantle the throttle to have a look at my options.

I wish I had more time off work so I could do some more things to the MadAss. I need to decide what do I want to do to the look of the bike. I like its overall design but the plain silver paint needs a revamp. The matt black one is very nice with all those red accents, but you know you can't be picky when you are saving some money by buying the ex-demonstrator ride.

If I decide to replace the engine with something gutsier I may think of buying a mini frame to have a little toy to ride and have some fun. Where can I see the 50s racing in Sydney?

Will

whatever andy from big 50 says listen to, he knows what he is talking about go the 140 bored out to 150

Latest posts

Back