IRK on non-start in any gear lifan 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinetySix

Reaction score
anybody done it, or know anybody that has?

did the crank let go in no time? or did you lighten any of the clutch bits to compensate for it?

and problems with fitting a lightened oil slinger too, or instead of the IRK?

cheers

to give you an idea of what can happen if you fit the IRK straight onto this engine gearbox type; firstly , if you feel the weight of the total IRK and compare this to the weight of your stock flywheel, you will then understand the stress difference that the crankshaft and crank bearings are about to get. this is why extra lightening of components to the opposite side [ clutch side ] is needed. just think of a straight shaft with a 2 meter propellor on one end and a 1/2 meter dia prop on the other end, if this is turning at say 2,000 rpms, imagine the vibrations. both ends must be equal in weight to eliminate any vibs ect.

hmmm bugger the mods then, might just get a 138 + IRK off ebay when the motor has had enough

maybe an IRK might hurry that up? ;)

cheers

with all aftermarket h.p parts, you can pay low or pay higher for better quality, there has been IRK,s purchased for as little as $50 and these only seem to have lasted a few months, compared to better quality IRK.s that ESD have in supply , life span is in defonate.

so if u fit a lightened oil slinger and irk to dis engine den wat has to be done or is it okay

so is the oil slinger alone ok to do?

and are there any lightened clutch components on the market so a IRK is safe to use on a non-start in any gear motor?

basically u should ditch the non start in any gear as its to costly to do these mods and the longevity of the project would be as long as a piece of string :)

MAte
now ur thinking lol
these engine are tough and no matter wat any one sez will easily take on a motovert 141 as they are both basicaly the same

plus im running that exact combo on my pitproRR but no 125cc here :)

If I was you I would flog the ring out of the engine you have and get a 140cc when it goes kaput.

i wanted to do this not long ago but i had to try and track down a billet clutch basket that wouldnt explode under the stress and i found one on ebay .com (us) and another on ahps website now the one on ebay said they would shipto australia via a paypal payment the only trouble after that is installing it as i imagine would be moderatly hard , one of those billet housings cost about 200 AUS thats with shipping if you lucky

yep, when a 140cc motor is 300+50 shipping.... its a no brainer

if a lifan 125 motor is built half as well as a honda ct110 motor, then ill be old and grey before the motor gives up

Inner rotor has been used on these motors before successfully. The main possibility for failure is the clutch housing not taking the higher revs now possible. But the fact is, that unless your motor is pretty seriously worked, you aren't gonna get those sort of revs anyhow.

Latest posts

Back