IRK question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubsy

Reaction score
can irk's only be fitted to start in any gear motors? or any motor?

yeah did see that mate but didnt see anything about start in neutral or anygear. if someone has one on a start in neutral let me know

Irk can be installed in all motors, but we only suggested to install them in "start in any gear" engines as other engines have the clutch mounted on the crank which makes one side heavy and the other really light, and can cause premature crank failure.

As for does it wear out the engine quicker, the answer is no,

however they do make the bike stall easier but that is the down side of getting the faster acceleration.

Also we have the for sale at $50 for the IRK and $20 for the lightened oil slinger which we suggest installing at the same time

Fused

You can install an IRK on any engine STAG or Nstart WITHOUT causing crank failure. What causes the failures is people thinking they have an instant race engine and reving the ring out of the engine

can they be installed with a new race cdi aswell?

nah mate they come with there own cdi and it replaces ur whole wiring loom 2 so you end up with less shoit
they rev to the moon with the cdi that comes with them so no need for race cdi

also got adjustable timing so you can play with that 2

Hahaha, good job.
But i ment will it shorten the life of the engine at all?
Are they worth it?

so whats the advantage of one over a race cdi which i thought did the same thing? changed your revs and made the power come on smoother. apart from the timing change ability which not everyone would use

An IRK lightens the rotating weight on the crank reducing inertia and allowing the engine to rev up and down with less delay much like a lightened flywheel in a car

righto mate thanks. so probly not real good for a heavy arse like myself? Assuming my bike will be working real hard to get me to move and with all the problems with peoples cranks breaking?

Cranks only breakwhen you start trying to over rev the bike or get the timing wrong. Cactus done a post in an IRK thread explaining what happens. Yeah lowering the rotating weight will make it harder to get the bike moving but once your mobile you should be fine

Latest posts

Back