irk

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan12590

Reaction score
just a quick question i know it will sound stupid to most of you but i cant seem to get a straight answer off anyone will an inner rotor fit on an engine that is not start in anygear as i have a lifan 1p54fmi it is all up gearing but not start in any gear juts a quick yes or no answer would be much appriciated

to the best of my knowledge it will fit but your going to destroy your motor if you do and waste alot of money. your best option is to replace the motor with a lifan 125cc with clutch on main shaft (start in any gear) then go from there, build a second motor and keep your original motor as stock so if in years to come your worked motor needs a rebuild you still have a motor thats going to work..

Cheers, Tony.

It has been done before with no probs, but usually is done in combination with other mods so you end up with a much higher and quicker revving engine. The cast clutch baskets which are mounted on the crank do not like to spin up this hard and you risk shattering it.

anything i can do to minimize this from happening and also i have other mods such as ported head big bore and cdi are these the type of mods you arre talking about or do you mean modifying the bottom end

i believe he is refering to mods such as hc piston and irk combination.

yeah those are some of the mods which will make it rev. Cam, port and exhaust especially. I have seen billet clutch baskets made for Honda's, you never know one might fit.

I couldn't guarantee anything, but I'd have a go at it personally. I just might install IRK in one of those motors for kicks and see how it lasts.

well ive got hc piston too and any ideas on where i could find a basket

this looks identical to the one ive got dontyou think it will fit?

You often never know till you get one in your hands and then compare the two.

Also, I just re-read my posts and I realised I worded one poorly. When I said

"I couldn't guarantee anything, but I'd have a go at it personally. I just might install IRK in one of those motors for kicks and see how it lasts."

I meant I'd have a go at fitting IRK without worrying about the stock clutch holding together, not that I'd have a go at fitting a billet one.

I know there are racers who claim to have fitted IRK to these motors with crank mounted clutches without problem.

i see well ive sent an email to tbolt asking them if they know if it might fit and ill see what they say if thy dont know im not going to go to all the trouble of buying somethign overseas and then not even knowing if its goign to work but if anyone else knows a way of either strengthing or somewhere i can get a stronger one in australia please post it

Latest posts

Back