is a cam change worth it

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiemonster

Reaction score
G'day fella's, hope all is well.
I have been riding the bike (motovert rx) with the ported bv lifan head and 146 kit in it.The exhaust is holding it back but after hearing a similar bike with a straight through pipe,it would be way to loud for the street.The muffler on it is heavily baffled.I dont think changing the header pipe alone would do much,correct me if i'm wrong.
Anyway it goes alot better than when i got it.i have ordered an oko 26mm carb,manifold kit,so that will be next to go on.
Where do you guys buy your jet kits for these from?
Is the standard lifan bvh cam that is in the bike any good,or is it something i really should change for the combination i have.for even more mid range power what do you recommend?
Cheers Dave

Hey there, I got my jets from ebay in America. Their just keihin pwk jets.

The standard bvh cam is not that great. I've been running a tb300 race cam and akunar race springs and i like it alot more then before.

For the combination you have, i deffinatly think you should change the cam.

Its always the combined things carb, intake ,cam ,exhaust,but a cam alone will make a significant difference!!

Find a way to free up the exhaust for sure ,i've heard that this alone frees up alot more power in the rx

A mate of mine has a motovert rx and he knocked the baffels out in his exhurst and it went abit better, he notised a difference in the power of his bike. I would just get a straight through pipe off of ebay, there will be louder bikes on the street still. If get pulled over and have to take it over the pits you can always put the stock pipe back on.:D

the cam deffinatly works just watch who does it . go see andy from big 50s he ,s one of a few that knows what he is talking about. he got my bike flying

Latest posts

Back