Is TDR a good bike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qaztarmas

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and I was just wondering if a TDR 70cc pitbike is a good purchase. I will be riding this mainly on flat paved ground so there is no risk of mud or any jumps. It will be a first bike for me. I have very little money and am willing to spend time fixing it. I am also considering a Pitpro 90 which is more expensive by about $300 ($800). I am 13 years old so weight is not a problem. I am leaning towards the TDR but the pitpro seems more reliable.

Thanks guys.

I had a Tdr Before i got some better bikes. for your first bike and if you're only going to be easy ridding it i think they are a reasonable choice for the money. pit pro and dhz are much better quality but a lot more money. it really just comes down to you get what you pay for. id also say if you can maybe get a 125 at least as you will be wanting more power out of the 70cc pretty quickly. all in all they are not that bad for a first bike and if you take care of it you should not have to many issues.

^yea mate exactly what he said. if its just easy riding your doing, then it'd be alright. just remember that maitenence is key, and your starting off with the base model of parts. this is not necesarily a bad thing. it will teach you meticulous bike maintenance! which is good, because i have a friend with a kx85 with no mechanical knowledge at all, and he turned a 2500 dollar bike into a 500 dollar bike within a year...So just some perspective for you:) But to answer your question: No , tdr are not particularly good pitbikes. if you could, an atomik would be much more worth while, but if you take care of it it will be all good:)

1st bike, anybike that will start is good enough even 2nd hand dont limit yourself to brand new bikes there quite expensive

Ok, Thanks for all the quick replies guys. I will probably consider getting the TDR but will continue to shop around.

for your first bike they are a acceptable bike if u dont weigh much. my missus's sister bought a 125 tdr,was a first time rider, weighs a lot (but the bike she bought was supposed to b rated to take her weight) and she broke the frame in 5 spots within 3 months.

I had a tdr 125 2nd hand but it was in new condition it wasnt that powerfull but for what it was it was a good l'ill bike and had no probs with it for the time I had it and I still got $300 for it when I sold it it was used for just riding around no jumping or anything but overall was not bad treat it right and it will be a good bike

Ok. I won't be jumping or anything like that and I only weigh 50kg. What about motoworks, I know they aren't very good but I will just be riding around on smooth surfaces and they are cheap.

Thanks

motoworks are pretty much the same as quality goes. im prett sure there 125 is 479 by it now?

yea, the 125cc is 479 on ebay plus delivery. Will probably get that one or the 90cc as both are within my budget.

i've got a little ciniworx 70 for sales if you want it $350 next to brand new

where you located

and yeah the tdr's are crap

Ok, I just purchased the Motoworks tonight and will try to do a review when it arrives. :)

Motoworks just said they were out of stock of the 90 so I bought a pitpro 50.

Latest posts

Back