is this a big valve lifan 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant See The EBay Link at The Moment, But i would take No-Fears word for it.

If It is a shiny black like Orions then its Not. If it looks like The Thumpstar engine which is charcoal grey then it is.

Can be bored out to 58mm dude 147cc, Working on it at the moment. Will show you results when we have them. The Lifan Big Valve engine is the best engine available in AUS at the moment. It Starts in any gear and has 27/23 Valves.

That is an electric start Lifan. Email the seller and ask for serial no. if its: IP54FMI then it's a good chance it's the got the big valves. If he can tell you the inlet port diameter where the manifold bolts on you can be sure. Over 23-24mm = big valves.

Colour has nothing to do with identification... I have seen far more shiny black ones than grey. They also look nothing like a Ducar but are nearly identicle to Zongers. They too have the big valve heads in 120cc and 125cc.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/15804362828.jpg&s=f5 Black Lifan 125
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/15804382479.jpg&s=f5 Grey Lifan 125
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/15719382196.jpg&s=f5 Zongshen 125

This is how they look in a BSE made pitbike

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/15719434121.jpg&s=f5

No-Fear said:
Yeah thats a real Lifan just like the others. Just thats the 120. The others are the new 125's. They have 54x54 bore & stroke. 78.5 tall cylinder and 27/23 valves. Have been bored to 59mm by some but I wouldn't do it.

The monster 120 has 52.4x55.5 bore & stroke and 27/23 valves. Also the clutch on the primary is better. I'm not sure about the cylinder height though, it could be 69mm.

If thats the case, I reckon the 120 bottom end for the better clutch position with all up shift drum installed. Combine with a Lifan 123cc crank & rod which has 57mm stroke I think, and the 125's tall 78.5 cylinder and matching head bored to 57 and a high comp piston of that size.
This will make a 145 with square bore and stroke and still leaving meat around the studs and no need to bore the cases. The longer cylinder can be machined down to achieve the perfect deck height with the stroker crank. Don't go too crazy with the compression say 11.5.

Just need to know 3 things: How tall is a 123 cylinder?
Is the 120 & 125 stud pattern the same?
Can you say reliable big bore?

If Youve got The Big Valve engine 55.5Bore I can Supply you with a 147cc Kit, Includes Wiseco Piston, HP Cam, Valve Springs, Gaskets, Needs Cylinder bored to 58mm (No Skirting Left) Will Make 15HP Strong. Ordering Soon let me know.

hey guys wiill you stopit u are confusin me so much.........
i got the 1st lifan in macks list of 3
does that mean it a lifan or not??

Yes SIK50 the first one is a 125cc Lifan. You can check your motors serial no. it should be 1P54FMI you'll find it on the engine case behind the shift lever. The number in chinese motor codes tells you the bore measurment of the motor. The guys with 120cc Lifans should have something like 1P52FMI because of the 52.4 mm bore. The 120 has a 55.5 stroke. Can you confirm that 120cc engine code lilscottie? I've seen some with 1P52FMH...

Lilscottie said:
If Youve got The Big Valve engine 55.5Bore I can Supply you with a 147cc Kit, Includes Wiseco Piston, HP Cam, Valve Springs, Gaskets, Needs Cylinder bored to 58mm (No Skirting Left) Will Make 15HP Strong. Ordering Soon let me know.

hey scott, just out of general interest, how much would one of those kits cost?

I know this thread is over a year old but as someone else has bumped it I will continue with it..

My brother has a MSO Pro (not the newest version) it has a Lifan BVH motor
in it but it doesn't seem to match any of the above specs !! or maybe I'm just confused !!:D

Heres the details I can provide without pulling it down..

It's grey in colour, it has a part number of 1P52FMI which means it should be a 52.4 x 55.5 119.68cc (120cc) motor, it is a start in any gear motor so clutch on primary, not on crank.. It was sold as a 125cc bike (I know this means nothing), It has 124cm3 writen on the cylinder and the cylinder is 78.5mm tall

So can anyone shed some light on this one for me ?? :confused:

hah, yea i was wondering how old this was...i didnt see any post dates so w/e

Latest posts

Back