is this frame worth doing up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think that frame was pretty good, with good suspension and engine, wheels, bars etc it would be a good bike

so its worth sinking a couple of grand into? or would i be better off puttin the cash towards a new lxr? i was sorta turned off by the fact its a atomik..... according to the serial number its a 06 pro-x

The frame u have there is for an agb29. or atomik pro-x. good bike, strong frame etc. when you say do up, what do you mean? bracing? because that frame would be pretty damn strong compared to those crap crf styled frames. making a bike with that frame wouldnt be a bad idea, like i said there good strong frames, and it would be perfectly suited to some of the bigger jumps. there a thread on here of a guy who went crazy with one, the only mod he did was put a 15mm axle in the back.

But, if i were you, an LXR would be a much better investment, i mean they have linkage :D!!!!

I like that frame dude and reckon you could make a neat bike out of it but in terms of getting a 190 anima and marzocchi forks and putting them onto that, you'd be way better off getting a lxr 190 trust me you won't look back. Marzocchis are about a $1000, anima $1200, carb $200 and then all the other bits and pieces to some up for around the same price you could have a much better setup minus the zocchis but the gpx black labels aren't far behind.

cheers brendo thats what ive been weighing up, and if you add time to the equation i guess the lxr is the better option. is this frame better than the dpro frame i have? thinking i might just chuck the 160 i have here into this frame and give it the gpx/lxr forks that are on the dpro... i like the size of it and the fact its twin spar but i have no idea if it would be stronger than the dpro....

No worries mate, I've got a dpro mid size and the frame seems pretty bloody strong but yeah so does the twin spar. I'd say in terms of cosmetics I'd go the twin for sure they look nice mate I'd change it over if it was me what's to lose. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one myself I really like the look of them.
I reckon you'll end up with an lxr dude I have this funny feeling haha. I went into dhz and sat on KC's own bike and was like **** me I want this so bad, 2 weeks later I had mine.

I'd be going the lxr frame if i was going to sink a couple grand into it imo it holds great value and lets face it a better ride...

No worries mate, I've got a dpro mid size and the frame seems pretty bloody strong but yeah so does the twin spar. I'd say in terms of cosmetics I'd go the twin for sure they look nice mate I'd change it over if it was me what's to lose. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one myself I really like the look of them.
I reckon you'll end up with an lxr dude I have this funny feeling haha. I went into dhz and sat on KC's own bike and was like **** me I want this so bad, 2 weeks later I had mine.

lol im lucky enough (or unlucky depending on how you look at it) not to have ever ridden/sat on a lxr only drooled over what you guys have turned yours into ;) but i do believe a lxr is in my future......

Ive got one of those frames and just the frame they are pretty damn heavy 5x the wieght of a normal frame, not sure about it being worth doing it up though

i reckon other than the linkages the fuze pitpro se frames or any that are loosley baised off a cr 80 are the ones to do up

Latest posts

Back