It Begins With A New Bike!!...^_^

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kangabee

Reaction score
It finally has arrived :b_grind: My new bike....

After many hours online researching bikes and reading posts I got my new bike from motorbike city the other day.

I must say being a total Noob when it comes to mechanics and not having any type of assembly instructions did not help when i put her together but after a few days im pretty happy with the result and i reckon it was allot more fun than letting someone else do it :)

I began with stripping the bike Greasing and putting lock tight on frame bolts etc then all the basic stuff recommended by a few ppl like dumping the shipping oil bleeding the brakes and setting the valve clearences

Put her back together chucked some fuel in and Boom!!!! took her for a spin :D

The Very Beginning...

Attachments

• 23082012059.jpg
    23082012059.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 32
3282e1aa.jpg

74954bcc.jpg

Front forks, wheel and brake
15365065.jpg

ac961845.jpg

642c74f7.jpg

And that muck came in the bike

1e2c2083.jpg

1271587c.jpg

b2092ea5.jpg

Bare bones

6cc4cf35.jpg

Almost there...

838661fe.jpg

The new helmet

0d091d80.jpg

Last edited:
I reckon its a good starting point :D more mods to come

I wanna thank thump*140 for the tech info and all the good people on this forum for your help

Good bike mate, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)
And good to see you do the basic stuff properly to begin with as it will save you headaches in the future

Looking the goods. Definately the right way to 'open' a new bike. If you take care of it it will take care of you.

Nice bike mate!. You will love the linkage, I've got the Lxr and its the best mini I've ever had.

thanks guys yeah im pretty keen to get out on a long ride see how she goes :) only thing i wasnt happy with was the kick start after a few kick it came off in a million pieces :s lol ill have to get a new one any suggestions?

Very Nice bike,Always loved the verts.

How wide are those bars? They look huge!

Haha not sure about the size but they feel fairly big lol was maybe thinking pro tapers but i might just leave it for now since im not jumping or anything like that

thanks guys yeah im pretty keen to get out on a long ride see how she goes :) only thing i wasnt happy with was the kick start after a few kick it came off in a million pieces :s lol ill have to get a new one any suggestions?

Go the pitster pro forged kickstart from DHZ, check the kickstart shaft size on yours, as they have 14mm and 16mm.
There $49 with free postage :) can't go wrong mate

top choice of bike mate , i got the same , but i spent 2 g on my engine lol

what mods did u do ?? Which ones gave u the biggest gains?

Looks like ill have to get a pitster kick start it looks the same as the one thats on there tho haha

I know this may sound stupid but i really dont know what THIS is?? lol it came with the bike ----------------------> looks like a throttle cable or something like that????

b6774afe.jpg

Its whats called a brake snake. It attaches to the brake pedal and then to the frame to keep it from being ripped off in a crash. My LXR has one on the brake and one on the shifter as well. Your bike seems to be the same as an LXR at least from the pix and the fact that it has the same swing arm. Oh and as far as mods go I would pick up a V2 head and a 184 kit along with a 28mm carb. If you do go the V2 head rout remember to get new rocker covers and a new cam cover because the V2 uses the old style and not the new style like on the Z155HO or Z160HO. Also you will need a new intake because the one that comes with the the bike will probably not fit the new carb since it will use a boot and a band clamp. Also if you get the 184 V2 kit the intake that comes with it will make the carb hit the frame and not mount up. Oh and I forgot about a de-comp so you can start the bike after you bump the compression up with the 184cc and keep your kicker gear for a little bit longer.

Last edited:
Its whats called a brake snake. It attaches to the brake pedal and then to the frame to keep it from being ripped off in a crash. My LXR has one on the brake and one on the shifter as well. Your bike seems to be the same as an LXR at least from the pix and the fact that it has the same swing arm. Oh and as far as mods go I would pick up a V2 head and a 184 kit along with a 28mm carb. If you do go the V2 head rout remember to get new rocker covers and a new cam cover because the V2 uses the old style and not the new style like on the Z155HO or Z160HO. Also you will need a new intake because the one that comes with the the bike will probably not fit the new carb since it will use a boot and a band clamp. Also if you get the 184 V2 kit the intake that comes with it will make the carb hit the frame and not mount up. Oh and I forgot about a de-comp so you can start the bike after you bump the compression up with the 184cc and keep your kicker gear for a little bit longer.

Thanks for the info mate :)

Latest posts

Back