its about time

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one i purchased didn't have a mikuni, and it wasn't advertised as having one, this would probably bring the engine to life, a bit anyway.
If big jumps are what your after then i'd recomend you get a ciniworx or something like that, i do jump mine, but i've had to strenghten the footpeg mount, get new pegs, change the fork and shock oil, to rediculously heavy weights, I haven't bent the frame biut others i know have, i guess it depends on your riding style and weight.
After having said that these are probably the best of the cheapish bikes on ebay, you'l have these problems with all cheap bikes, these problems don't cost much to fix, just a bit of your time.

got my thumpstar, bent the rim the day i got it, and a couple days later i snaped the gared, its not to bad but it tends to overheat and blow FLAMES from the exaust, i also broke the foot peg on the right side but they gave me a spare set

i need to find out where the oil filter is, can anyone help?

thanks

crazzy #1 said:
got my thumpstar, bent the rim the day i got it, and a couple days later i snaped the gared, its not to bad but it tends to overheat and blow FLAMES from the exaust, i also broke the foot peg on the right side but they gave me a spare set

i need to find out where the oil filter is, can anyone help?

thanks
ur bike broke coz it not a real thumpstar, cheap bike break quicker than more higher quality bikes.
These bikes dont have oil filters, they have an oil pump which u can clean, incase there is small bits of metal stuck or anything.

"ur bike broke coz it not a real thumpstar."
Please get over your "thumpstar."

If your worried about contaminants in the oil their are a few things you can do, first clean the magnetic drain plug, then if you can be bothered take of the left hand engine case, when you do this your engine may have a metal screen situated next to the oil pump, clean this out, don't worry about cleaning the oil pump itself and then take of the cover placed on the end of the clutch, behind this cover is an oil slinger, which may or may not be full of crap, it's purpose is to capture oil of the heavier particle in your oil so don't be to alarmed to find alot of crap in their.

do all mini dirt bikes come with a magnetic drain bolt standard or are they only an upgrade for your bike?

no, seems even some of the cheap ones come standard with a magnetic drain bolt, seems you get what you pay for.

Lay your bike over, so oil doesn't come out,
undo the bolt,
the end will probably be covered in little bit's of metal, if it's not it's probably not magnetic, but see if it sticks to metal anyway.

Latest posts

Back