jap bikes info..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhz140cc

Reaction score
OK for the whole of my bike riding days ive riden pitties.. and now im starting to get interested in the whole mini jap bikes.. can somone give me a rundown on everything that happens with these bikes??

eg
what bikes do people hot up??

how much are you looking at for a second hand 50

how quick would a 50 go

how much money are you looking at if you buy a stock 50 and do it up??
if you could answer any of these questions it would be awesome..

cheers dhz140cc..

depends what the ultimate goal is, regards working an engine....

you could score a flogged out 50 for $100, or spend $3000+ on a worked one thats never seen dirt...

a stock 50 is like a slug... fun to stand on and has about the same top speed....

once again, depends on the ultimate goal... speed? jumping? stunting? weekend mudbowls? showing off your well endowed wallet and willingness to flash the cash?

:p useless, i know:)

headsmess, have you ever actually ridden a stock crf50, they go surprisingly hard. and mate I bought mine for a $1000, have spent about $2500 on it, Love it best thing I have ever done is get off chinas and onto Jap minis!!!

yeah, i have...they are fun, as i said, but! im used to things slightly, um, larger?:eek:

the lack of a fourth gear really gets to me...

hey,id get one if i had the cash:)

Dont need a fourth gear if your riding good 50 tracks. 3 gears is the best.

Stockers go ok. Fast enough to have fun and hit dirt jumps and ride tracks. I love having a stocker aswell as a modded crf50.

Grab a stocker for $1000 these days. Cheap as. Modded crf50's are going very very cheap now. You can get nice 88's for like $2000-2500, sometimes cheaper.

I like the idea of buying a stocker and building it up yourself, thats what i did. You can make it how you want it....But if you just want to buy it already done then now is the time. There are deals on Crf50s going non-stop right now.

they are a fair bit smaller then your average pitty, but so much funner to ride, im one of the bigger blokes on minis and a tall seat and bar kit make my bike fine ro ride, my little stock engine also does a good job of halling my big arse around haha.

They may be smaller. But the actual seat to footpeg lenght is the same. Also bar location is the same thing.

I find them way easier to ride than a Thumpstar or something. Im 6ft tall and i ride Have a stocker with bars and high seat etc. And its perfect to ride, i feel totally comfortable Doing big dirt jumps and racing tracks. Back when i was like 14 i had one of the first Thumpstars breifly. Until my brother bought a stock crf and put a bar kit on it. I felt way more comfy on it and could ride it so much better, so i got a crf straight away and have been riding Honda's ever since....

Latest posts

Back