jetting problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_fmx_kid

Reaction score
ive got a crf50 with a tb88 kit thats got the 20mm carby and ive resently put a larger main jet in to elimenate a dead spot. since ive done that i noticed the bike wont run unless the choke is on. is that a result of going to big with the jet?

sounds like when you pulled the carby off you damaged the gaskets

ive got a crf50 with a tb88 kit thats got the 20mm carby and ive resently put a larger main jet in to elimenate a dead spot. since ive done that i noticed the bike wont run unless the choke is on. is that a result of going to big with the jet?

Your main jet has nothing to do with idle. Check for air leaks or crud in your pilot jet

I didn't say anything about it idling. It will idle but that's it without the choke on

Your main jet is the last part of your throttle response so it more than likely has nothing to do with that. to check for air leaks there is a simple little trick. start your bike let it run to get the temp up and spray wd40 around all gasket areas if there is any air leak your rpm's will dropp and you may see a little black smoke.

Give this a go and let us know what happens.
Dom

Ps I have fixed many a mates bike by either air filter oil or spray if you have not done this yet it is a good time to do it.

Yeah air leak mate check the top of the carb the throttle cable might be snagging or not sealing the top and while your at it check to see if the exhaust is tight and isn't leaking, make sure it's got a gasket for one thing seen a few that didn't even have one and had a huge bog and ran lean. Anyway double check for air leaks then check that your jets are clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back